How To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w For iOS 4.3.3 [Windows / Mac]

Comments

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Dev team has released Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16, which addresses most of these issues. We have updated the download link in this post, so download Redsn0w again to see if it resolves your problem.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Follow these steps to fix error 3194:Download TinyUmbrella from http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.comLaunch it.Click on the “Advanced” tab.Uncheck “Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit”Click on “Apply Changes”Reboot your PC/Mac.
  • Gator5000e
    Gator5000e Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Dumb jailbreak question. I am on 4.2.1 and JB'd with Greenposion. I want to update to 4.3.3 but can't tell from all the instructions and tutorials if I need to update to 4.3.3 thru iTunes first and then use redsn0w or just run redsn0w without first updating to 4.3.3 thru iTunes? I do not care about unlocking the phone. Thanks for any suggestions.
  • kaman
    kaman Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    thanks for any help! my iphone 4 will not go in dfu mode to sync for redsnow, shows an error do not detect device? Help !!!!!
  • burrppp
    burrppp Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i am stuck at step 7 cant find the file firmware >>>????
  • burrppp
    burrppp Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • jumroo
    jumroo Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Thanks a lot, worked like a charm. Just finished unlocking and testing the iphone 3gs 4.3.3 with basebabd 5.14.04 .
  • jumroo
    jumroo Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    sorry meant to say 5.16.02
  • Derek
    Derek Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Like many others on here, I used the new redsnow and jailbroke my3GS to 4.3.3. The jailbreak went fine, but the cydia icon is blank and won't launch. I re-jailbroke, and have rebooted a few times, still no working cydia.
  • tsam
    tsam Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    excellent it works fast and quick..thanks guys..
  • DaVaughn
    DaVaughn Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    does this REALLY work??? email me at davaughn015@yahoo.com if this REALLY works. i have the iphone 3gs and do NOT want to mess anything up!
  • Thien
    Thien Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    hi team, If my iphone 3gs is not updated to 4.3.3, should i update it first then do jailbreak? because i did the jailbreak knowing that the iphone still uses the older os, now my iphone reboot and get stuck at apple logo and i cant turn it off. any suggestions?
  • Hacker
    Hacker Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    great job development team!!!!!! jail-broken successfully everything working 100% i have an Iphone 3gs newbootrom using windows 7 all i did was simply update on itunes to the lastest firmware and then i use these instructions and easy money and the person i did it for didnt need the unlock so i use this but just to let you know itunes took to baseband 05.16.02 for anybody who needs this information 05/18/2011 was jailbroken by hacker i will do more phones and keep posting since somehow i ended up with 7 differnt phones ill probably do iphone 3gs old bootrom next but wont be today need to hook up this phone now peace and thank you again cuz for some reason greenposion and lime rain arent working on 3gs new botrom on 4.1 firmware went on every link redmond pie,iclarifed,iphone hacks and i had to update just to jailbreak could it have been patch by apple?
  • Hacker
    via Wordpress
    4.3.3 firmware check,gps working check,battery working better check
  • Hacker
    via Wordpress
    confirmed **** working!!!! im am jealous of the person phone i updated too 4.3.3 cuz im have a 3gs on 6.15 baseband on 4.2 firmware and his battery compare to my battery is his is much better and it has couple of new features i like and the speed is a little faster same but it seems it has less bugs good job development team and remember that there are more window users then mac and yes i own both but i like my windows a little better for media entertainment but i will keep my mac i need apple applications for work and thats the difference between both that apple has exclusive good apps but my windows i love more for fun media and got some good apps as well :-) and yes redsnow looks better on mac for some reason you guys put a little more effort in mac i notice but this jailbreak had to be done by windows 7 cant wait for windows 8 baby!!! but i do love my mac too so get both lol
  • Catch 22
    Catch 22 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    great job guys for the software but man...this is by far the worse misleading tutorial u guys ever put together!1. You didn't tell us that if we had altered our host file to include the gs.apple blah blah blah urls...we should go there and delete them all to avoid iTunes spitting errors at you cause Tiny Umbrella didn't work.2. You didn't say that if you are on 3Gs and on the 6.15.00 baseband, you will get an error 1015 after original restore and will need to get fixrecovery to kick out of the recovery mode after the restore because Tiny Umbrella didn't work here too.3. Do we reeeeeeaaally have to restore before we move onto step 7? Why can't we restore from backup after the jailbreak?4. You said that if we want to use ultrasn0w to unlock, redsn0w isn't right for us but you didn't say that if you are already on 6.15 your baseband will not be affected by the upgrade anywaysI had to figure all these out through searches online and it wasn't fun at all! But thanx anyways for the software...please work on your manual!Thank You.
  • Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress
    restore first to the original firmware through itunes then follow the instructions here
  • Ramneet
    Ramneet Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hey!!Thank you it worked like a charm...
  • jasmil
    jasmil Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    when i press shift n click restore nothing happen? help me...
  • Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress
    hey guys im a dumb ass and i used redsnOw to jailbreak my 3gs and did it correctly whats yalls problen
  • Alisha Aitken-Radburn
    via Wordpress
    hi guys, silly me did not read the stuff about unlocking...... any idea when i'll be able to unlock it?
  • Alisha Aitken-Radburn
    via Wordpress
    if i restore and then use pwnage tool will it unlock or will i just have to wait it out
  • neo
    neo Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    my iphone 4 is factory unlock with iOS 4.2.1, should i update from itunes to 4.3.3? or either update it using the shift & restore with itunes for browsing redsnow folder? I just want to make sure which one is error free. thanks
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    I've updated my 3gs to 4.3.3 have followed the jailbreak proceadure to step 8 but it's telling me it can't recognise the selected ipsw. any ideas?
  • jess
    jess Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    im trying to download iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw but it is taking ages, is it suppose to do that?
  • Ed
    Ed Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but the redSn0w rc16 program just seems to freeze up with the message, "Exploiting with limera1n". My iPhone 3GS shows a usb cable pointing to the iTunes logo. It's been like this for over 15 minutes with no activity that I can perceive. Can someone help me with this? I know that I'm not a computer or iPhone wiz, but I can't determine what I'm doing wrong... Thank you!
  • Max
    Max Posts: 62
    via Wordpress
    I manage to jailbreak i phone 4 accordingly with Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16. However i just can't get the phone unlock. Any solution to unlock i-phone 4 with Base band 04.10.01 (bundled with iOS 4.3). (The iOS has been upgraded to 4.3.3 with custom IPSW) Highly appreciated for any help
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    stuck on screen that says please wait while your device is being processed, waiting for reboot, does this usually take long or am i having an issue?
  • François
    François Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Ed, Rob, please insure you taken step 7 properly. i got trapped with this myself.
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    ok thank you very much,