iPad 2 Light Bleeding Problem Attributed To LCD Panels Produced By LG

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPad 2 Light Bleeding Problem Attributed To LCD Panels Produced By LG

When iPad 2 was launched, some users reported that they’re experiencing excessive level of light bleeding from the edges of the LCD panel.

DigiTimes reports that the issue was due to the LCD panels produced by LG, who had to reduce the shipments due to the problem. It was the reason for Apple's surprisingly low iPad 2 shipments in the last quarter. 

Apple announced that it sold 4.69 million iPads in the last quarter, which was much below analyst expectations.

DigiTimes reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Luke
    Luke Posts: 51
    via Wordpress
    I have this problem with my iPad, should I see about getting it exchanged? It's not too bad but noticeable in dark room while watching some movies...
  • Ciprian Biris
    Ciprian Biris Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    "Apple announced that it sold 4.69 iPads [...] "
  • mlager
    mlager Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Yes, light bleeding on my iPad 2, sorta sucks, not a show stopper. I'm surprised more people haven't made a bigger deal about this and held Apple accountable, usually people are all over Apple if they don't get the perfection they expect.
  • Insomnisquirrel
    Insomnisquirrel Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    My iPad 2 has a light leak, but it's trivial compared tovmy other problem. The battery bar at the top fizzles in and out with stress.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
  • ThisThingSux
    ThisThingSux Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Mine does too but I have a bigger problem, There is still no JailBreak for iPad 2 and it is really boring to use! Might ask for a refund and blame the screen bleed!!!! Great excuse! Off to the shops to return this POS.
  • Songohans
    Songohans Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    My iPad 2 had the light bleed, i took it to the apple store, and the associate there said that is a known issue and they ordered a replacement unit without any hassle :-) i had my new ipad in a week and a half, this new one doesnt have any issues at all.For those who bought your iPads in retail stores other than the Apple store, take it to the nearest apple store if you have one nearby, Apple associates offer better customer service than any other when it comes to their products.Thanks Apple!!!
  • Songohans
    Songohans Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    I definitely try go to a nearest apple store and have it replaced, dont wait man! i got mine replaced without any hassle by Apple.:-) good luck!
  • Shannon
    Shannon Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
  • nuff already
    nuff already Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    My wife's doesn't because Target never has an iPad 2 to buy.
  • Gqsmooth1981
    Gqsmooth1981 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I am on my 4th iPad. The very first one was purchased via Apple.com on launch day and came straight from China. That one was near perfect when received but then the light bleeding got worse as the days progressed. The second one was shipped to me DOA but it was a refurb. 3rd was a brand new one from China and it was the worst. I counted 6 sections with the light bleeding. I had the bright idea to call in and request another refurb hoping that whatever issue it had was fixed and if it had a light leak issue then it would be addressed and by luck I got one near perfect again. I understand they will never be perfect so I'm settling for this one for now.
  • Asif Khan
    Asif Khan Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Same here! Cant replace, coz my cousin bought this ipad frm US for me. And the apple store in Karachi doesnt deal iPads, just macbook and ipods :(
  • Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress
    I have a iPad 2 64gb I bought 4 months ago and have this issue, you would think apple would put a little more time and effort into making a 700$ tablet. At the moment it is annoying booting, shutting down or doing anything with a dark screen. Is it safe to take it back and get a improved new one now that it is the end of august.