Apple Partners With Nuance For Voice Recognition Technology In iOS 5 Rather Than Microsoft?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Partners With Nuance For Voice Recognition Technology In iOS 5 Rather Than Microsoft?

Couple of days back, we reported that Apple was negotiating with Nuance Communications to use its voice recognition technology in iOS 5 – the next generation iOS that will be unveiled at WWDC 2011 next month.

TechCrunch has just reported that they’ve received some more interesting information from their source about Apple’s partnership with Nuance.

According to TechCrunch:

Read the full story here

Comments

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    I'm not a fanboy by any means. Apple pisses me off all the time. But Microsoft pissed me off a whole lot more, so I'm always in support of ANY company replacing microsoft with whoever else.
  • melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    Not a big fan of this whole cloud thingy. won't folks be paying someone for the priveledge of accessing music / movies that have already purchased? i.e. storage charges and data transfer charges?AT&T users are gonna be screwed with high data charges especially with the way AT&T been acting recently over bandwidth allowances.I'd rather make my own offline backups of my media.
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    Just negotiating now for iOS 5 ? When iOS 5 will be released ? It takes just couple of month to adapting and testing the new technology ? If it is true, iOS 5 can not released till end of this year.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Looks like an interesting data center there, but if IOS5 is just a month away, they are quite late.
  • shahid
    shahid Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    interesting lol!!!
  • Bill Gates
    Bill Gates Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    HY MY NAME BILL AND IM THE 2ND RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLD AND I SUPPORT MICROSOFT AND IM THINKING IM GOING TO SPEND MY 52 BILLION DOLLARS ON YOUR MOM BUT FIRST IM GOING TO BUY SKYPE THE COMPANY SO I COULD SEE YOUR MOM ON MY SMARTPHONE JUST LIKE FACETIME BUT FIRST I NEED 50 DOLLARS FROM YOUR MOM EVERY MONTH CUZ SHE JOIN XBOX LIVE BUT BETTER YET SINCE IM PARTNERS WITH NETFLIX BECAUSE MICROSOFT OWNS SILVER LIGHT SO YOUR MOM WILL BE ON NETFLIX SOON BUT IM BUSY AT THE MOMENT HELPING MICROSOFT WITH WINDOWS 8 WHICH WILL DOMINATE MAC CUZ WINDOWS 7 IS JUST LIKE MAC CUZ WE LEARN VISTA SUCK SO ONCE THAT SELLS ILL OWN YOUR SISTER AND DONT GOOGLE ME MAKE SURE YOU USE BING CUZ WE OWN THEM AND PLEASE ALSO CONSIDER USING MY BROWSERS INTERNET EXPLORE SO U COULD PIN APPS JUST LIKE AN IPHONE ON YOUR WINDOWS 7 COMPUTER AND IF U CALL ME PLEASE USE MY PHONE WINDOWS 7 SO U COULD NETFLIX WITH A KICKSTAND AND SEE YOUR MOM PORTABLE BUT I DONT HATE YOU I ONLY WANT TO HELP TECHNOLOGY ADVANCE TO ITS FULLEST POTENTIAL SO YOUR WELCOME CUZ IF IT WASNT FOR ME I DONT THINK WE WOULD BE TYPING NOW SO YOUR WELCOME AND BY THE WAY I HAPPEN TO BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST DONATORS IN THE WORLD CUZ IM RICH **** AND HOPEFULLY WITH OUR NEW CREATION THE XBOX KINECT WE WILL ELIMINATE KEYBOARD AND MOUSE SO YOU CAN CONTROL NETFLIX WITH YOUR HANDS AND JUST SLAP THE SCREEN AND PRETEND YOUR MOMS BEING SPANK AND ILL GIVE YOU A JOB HERE SO U CAN SCRATCH MY BALLS AND MAKE SURE U USE MICROSOFT OFFICE SO U CAN BRING YOUR RESUME AND I BET YOU 1 BILLION DOLLARS YOU USE SOMETHING OF MICROSOFT BUT ANYWAYS GOT TO GO AND ILL SEND YOU A FREE XBOX FOR CHRISTMAS SO YOU BUY GAMES WE HAVE EXCLUSIVE GAMES ONLY FOR XBOX SO WE CAN SCREW SONY IN THE ASS AND SPEAKING OF SONY DIDN'T THEY GET HACK AND I HEARD SONY GOING TO GET HIT AGAIN SO BE CAREFUL AND they even have stakes in AT&T and Apple!! that means they even get profit when apple sells macs "In August 1997, the Company and Microsoft Corporation (Microsoft) entered into patent cross license and technology agreements. In addition, Microsoft purchased 150,000 shares of Apple Series A nonvoting convertible preferred stock ("preferred stock") for $150 million. These shares were convertible by Microsoft after August 5, 2000, into shares of the Company's common stock at a conversion price of $8.25 per share. During 2000, 74,250 shares of preferred stock were converted to 9 million shares of the Company's common stock. During 2001, the remaining 75,750 preferred shares were converted into 9.2 million shares of the Company's common stock so in other words Microsoft owns Apple common stock And still do but got to go and create a new super compueter cuz im a genius and hopefully it will blow your mind away (written by hacker :-)
  • badboykilla
    badboykilla Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    @ Microsoft...……………………………………..________………………………………,.-’”……………….“~.,………………………..,.-”……………………………..”-.,…………………….,/………………………………………..”:,…………………,?………………………………………………\,………………./…………………………………………………..,}……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}……………/……………………………………………,:”………/…………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../…………./__.(…..”~-,_…………………………,:`………./………../(_….”~,_……..”~,_………………..,:`…….._/……….{.._$;_……”=,_…….”-,_…….,.-~-,},.~”;/….}………..((…..*~_…….”=-._……”;,,./`…./”…………../…,,,___.\`~,……”~.,………………..`…..}…………../…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-”…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,…..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\…………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“…………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\……………………………..,<`.._|_,-&“…………….`\
  • Scotty Truman
    Scotty Truman Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Just an opinion, I truly think that moving your finger is a lot easier than opening your mouth. I mean the effort from all the words that is coming out of your mouth is more energy consuming for me. I hope I’m not the only person who thinks this way. But I have to agree, it would be better if our gadgets will have speech recognition software, it gives you the freedom to use it whenever you feel using it, or not if you are a person so tired to talk.
  • Apel
    Apel Posts: 62
    via Wordpress