iKeyboard - iPad Accessory Aims To Enhance Touch Typing

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiKeyboard - iPad Accessory Aims To Enhance Touch Typing

We love to use the iPad to consume digital content but prefer to use the computer when it comes to typing a lengthy blog post or document rather than typing it on the iPad using the virtual keyboard.

You can always use Apple’s wireless keyboard to connect and type on your iPad but Cliff Thier has other ideas. He has developed an iPad accessory to address this issue.

Thier claims:

Read the full story here

Comments

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    So people are going to carry that thing around just to type a bit more quickly? Man, I don't know...
  • Pico
    Pico Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    looks good, great idea must admit
  • dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress
    Terrible idea, landscape only? Only as good as the keyboard layout displayed on screen which apple could change at any point and throw off alignment. If the virtual keyboard is that bad buy a case/keyboard or go back to a laptop... Sheesh
  • T-mobile customer
    T-mobile customer Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
  • tradback
    tradback Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    If I'm bringing it along anyway, I'd still go for an external wireless keyboard.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    A really interesting prospect. Lets see how much it costs when it goes for sale.
  • Jon
    Jon Posts: 116
    via Wordpress
    This seems very gimmicky. What happens when you want to go to another app that is not a typing app? You have to mess around with this thing constantly to be able to use the full screen real estate. No portrait mode? another thing to carry around with you? What about people who don't want to use the "smart covers" from apple? how am i supposed to use this with my portfolio style case? I just don't see this adding that much value. I also think the comments about the keyboard are a little exaggerated. It may not be as fast as a regular keyboard but i can type pretty quickly, and often find myself not looking at the keyboard at all while typing. Sure there is the occasional typo, which is worsened by auto correct... but its not that bad. if you are going to carry another piece of hardware around, why not just get a low profile keyboard?
  • nuff already
    nuff already Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Wireless keyboard for me
  • Rick Ahsland
    Rick Ahsland Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Yeah this is getting stupid. Trying to bring it back to be like a notebook computer is lame. Is there gonna be a CD attachment next?
  • Shannon
    Shannon Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    I like it, I'll probably get one. For the comments above, the keyboard doesn't need to be in portrait mode because most people just type in landscape...why type in portrait? I don't like the idea of a wireless keyboard for the iPad, too muchto carry around. And while it may not be ideal if you're switching apps a lot, it's good for when you plan to be writing a lot all at once, i.e. writing a blog, paper, etc.
  • katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress
    Yeah, I agree with some others, just build a keyboard into the smart cover or similar type cases. Physical keyboard & case rolled into one product. Anything is possible.
  • iPad Story
    iPad Story Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Interesting idea... it's rubber or plastics?
  • Eesinpeace
    Eesinpeace Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Not to mention the fact that some of us out there are typing with more than one language... As soon as you switch the keyboard language to another , the keys layout can change and sometimes quite dramatically...this is seems to be most likely just for English keyboards, so in my case this thing will slow me down while typing as soon as a switch to say French ,Swedish etc...in my case this is useless..sorry man, I have already thought of that problem and literally pondered on such solutions and I found that some writing app with build in palm rest minimized the problem quite bit in my case at least.. Also one could be creative instead by taking advantage of the bezel (iPad 1) and find other non-traditional ways to type if you are so desperate to type on your iPad..say maybe laying your your hands on the left and right side of the bezel and type fast with your thumbs???...
  • nabariba
    nabariba Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    looks like a pile of cack