iPhone 4, App Store, iOS Games Awarded Guinness World Records

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 4, App Store, iOS Games Awarded Guinness World Records

Apple’s iPhone 4, App Store and iOS games – Angry Birds, Plants Vs. Zombie, Tap Tap Revenge, Frotz, Enigmo have been awarded Guinness World Records.

iPhone 4 received the award as the fastest selling portable gaming system, Apple’s App Store as Most Popular Application Marketplace, Largest Downloadable Video Game Store and Largest Launch Line-up of Any Gaming System.

Here's the breakdown from the Guinness World Records 2011 Gamer's Edition:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Suren0213
    Suren0213 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • ihateyou
    ihateyou Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    the graphics are much better on psp and the gaming better
  • JimJamYourFace
    JimJamYourFace Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Agreed, but I always have a phone on me, not a psp. Damn phones.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Never thought so but a total achievement for Apple.
  • Mack
    Mack Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Apple still clinging to the fact they have more app hahahaha
  • brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    I just put together a list of the overall top Iphone apps that were downloaded next year....a few surprises http://thetop10.squarespace.com/top-10-iphone-paid-apps/
  • Mack
    Mack Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Everyone switch to sgs2 i did u will not be disapointed haha
  • melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    Most Popular Application Marketplace ­- Apple App Store. Ahh the joys of a monopoly (unless you jailBreak ofcourse)
  • Udahman
    Udahman Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I'd rather spend $1-$3 on iPhone game than $20+ for PSP game. Plus, iPhone apps can freely be installed on iPod Touch and iPad. Can PSP games be transferred for free?
  • tradback
    tradback Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I may be wrong but I would like to think that not all buyers of the Iphone 4 bought it just because it was a portable gaming system (I know, because I bought it as a smartphone)... so wouldn't it be unfair to compare it's sales to a PSP and DS?
  • Hacker
    Hacker Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    why are they comparing a psp when the iPhone wasn't made for portable gaming it was made for a phone and 2nd the gaming on the iPhone sucks compare to a psp and that's why the games are more expensive on the psp and 2nd this goes to Udahman about your comment yes you can download free games for the psp simply go to a **** site like btjunkie or another site and download the rom and put it on your memory card and yes the iPhone apps are cheaper but there no were near as good as graphics on a psp gaming.you pay for what u get and some of the games in the app store are worth $10 which is crazy and that's why **** is the # 1 app cuz nobody going to pay that much for a game that like my Sega Genesis and finally sony is the best portable gaming PERIOD!!! and sony is going to release the Sony Ericsson with Android 3.0 Gingerbread on it and the game on this phone is exactly like the psp so this means apple and Microsoft are not alone in this race anymore and they should be really scared because everybody is going to want one when they see what im talking about the graphics on the sony phone are exactly like the psp and now that sony teaming up with google goodbye apple store finally u been dominated and this is because most of the world is addicted to video games and u never mess with a video game company like sony and sony is also releasing psp 2 which will be as powerful as the playstation 3 which is the most amazing news for any gamer who can now bring there addiction to the streets and continue to play badcompany 3 and mordern warfare 3 which will dominate all shooter video games period and this addiction will change the world maybe in a bad way creating video gaming zombies cuz of the psp 2 and the only company that can stop this psp2 which will be supported by Google which will have to be Microsoft to compete if they ever decide to make a portable Xbox 360 phone or xbox 360 tablet and dont forget Nintendo ds which as been sony competition for portable gaming as to date probably steve jobs will be knocking on Nintendo door begging to bring gaming to the iphone and the sony phone also known as Xperia Play phone it will be jail-broken by geo hot who was the first to jailbreak the iPhone helping apple succeed now geo will crack the psp phone also known as the Xperia Play phone and the game titles are gonna grab you..... here is the link with the picture and specs for you gamers out there http://www.nxtnews.com/sony-ericsson-psp-xperia-phone/
  • Rizwan Khushnood
    Rizwan Khushnood Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Well done Apple What a great Success now you have in your basket.
  • Hacker
    Hacker Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    its the world record for the smartphones but how can you compare a portable video game to an iPhone that's like comparing apples to bananas cuz apple iPhone are like my old school Nintendo and psp is like a PlayStation so the games suck on the iphone if you compare to a psp thats why the games are more expensive on psp cuz there are way better and yes you can get pirate games for free on a sony psp too simply download a rom on a **** site and drag it to your memory card and your basically comparing angry birds to god of war angry birds is worth a $1 and i think god of war was like $30 or more and most of the games on the iPhone are cheap and aren't even that great just wait for the Sony psp 2 games are gonna be like ps3 games so there gonna blow apple portable games to the stone ages cuz the psp 2 will hopefully have Google os with phone capabilities and that will be the iphone killer for sure from a gamers point of view