DataDeposit: Nifty Jailbreak App Allows You To Save iPhone App Data In The Cloud (Dropbox)

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDataDeposit: Nifty Jailbreak App Allows You To Save iPhone App Data In The Cloud (Dropbox)

DataDeposit is a nifty little jailbreak app that allows iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users who have jailbroken their iDevice to save application data to their Dropbox account.

It not only helps you to keep a backup of your application data in the cloud so that you can always restore it, but it also provides a neat way to transfer the latest game saves from your iPhone to an iPad or iPod Touch.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Train
    Train Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    VERY COOL!Installing Now! Thanks!!!
  • Looneyhouston
    Looneyhouston Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    It's one thing to get your info hacked, it's another to just give it away. Who knows what other info they receive from your phone? Think about it. I love the idea but not safe enough for me that's all.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Damn cool app here.
  • 3gs
    3gs Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    great stuff, finally i don't need re-enter addresses to fav in tomtom everytime....
  • Corey
    Corey Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    Works perfectly! Such a great app. Only thing is I wish you could change the name of your folder it saves to in your Dropbox account. I already have an "iPhone" folder for backups and it saves my .shsh files there. Just wish this could be put inside that folder as well. But it works wonderfully! Much props to the author!
  • My2cents
    My2cents Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Agreed, it would seems more assurance if the security methods are explained to protect from the unknown. These days I get enough email phishing for my personal private information. I cannot imagine if my data is stolen or lost to the unknown. My identity and all could be at risk. Security should always be explained with this relating topic.
  • Train
    Train Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    The ONLY downside thus far is when transferring game data between iPhone native apps VS. iPad (HD) native apps...Some APPS are the same install file on both iPad and iPhone but if they have two different versions between the platforms then this wont work(I.E. Cut the rope/HD and Plants vs Zombies/HD)
  • larryw
    larryw Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    Bummer it doesn't back up JB app data...
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    This would be one of my favorite utilities if it:1) Backed up jailbroken apps2) Was able to do all my apps at once - I have like 50 apps, this is going to take FOREVER doing manually.Still, very helpful especially since I'm getting a new iPhone 4 next week, this came just in time!
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Hmm, it seems I've gotten an error on 2 apps so far... maybe those apps just don't have application data, pretty sure Tiny Wings would though since it saves your scores.
  • Vincent
    Vincent Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    @TrainTo answer your question Just login to dropbox website (dropbox.com) using your account. Go to your Files.And then rename the folder name and the zip file inside the folder (Just simply remove the HD behind the folder and zip file).I.E. ChaosRings Ipad save data folder is (ChaosRings)-com.square-enix.ChaosRingsHDand the zip file inside is (ChaosRings)-com.square-enix.ChaosRingsHD.zipRename the folder to(ChaosRings)-com.square-enix.ChaosRingsand the zip file inside to (ChaosRings)-com.square-enix.ChaosRings.zipAnd then restore the save data to your iphone.You can do this vice versa from iphone to Ipad.
  • Vincent
    Vincent Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    Mine works fine with jailbroken app.Actually that's jailbroken Chaos Ring savedata I mentioned above.
  • matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress
    Do you even know what dropbox is? all this app does is package it into a .zip file and then sends it to your dropbox account. There is no middleman it runs through. It is just a simple upload. I don't understand why everyone is so paranoid about losing their "stuff".
  • Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 126
    via Wordpress
    great app, but not working with certain appstry 'race or die' 'global war' or any from that vendor - have tried and tried to copy from one touch to another and it doesnt seem to copy the user data so the newer version on the new touch isnt the same as the old touch
  • Kenyth
    Kenyth Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Is this app safe ?
  • jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress
    Fantastic app using on JB ip4. Just wish it would work on non-jb ipad2. I would be willing to pay $$$ for it