Future iPhones Could Come With Sensors To Detect Elevation, Mood & Lots More

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageFuture iPhones Could Come With Sensors To Detect Elevation, Mood & Lots More

Apple’s iPhone already comes with a number of sensors such as GPS, accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity light sensor, ambient light sensor and digital compass that enhance user experience.

So what should we expect in the future iPhones? The New York Times' Nick Bilton spoke with Benedetto Vigna, General Manager of the MEMS division of STMicroelectronics, a company that creates sensors for mobile devices to find out the answer to that question.

Read the full story here

Comments

• badboy
    badboy Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    fu*k you to all who wanna be FIRST -_-.
  • KastBlast
    KastBlast Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Who cares about these dumb sensors. Make a better stable OS.
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    So, reading between the lines your an Android user?
  • Abel
    Abel Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    I think the security/motion sensors are interesting, but I dread having them mess up.
  • JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    Perspiration sensor? Couldn't you just, tell if you were sweating? That's like saying "eyesight sensor". If you can't see anymore, is the phone going to beep and say, "you're currently blind"? Well no ****. I don't need a sensor to tell me whether or not I have shoes on. And I don't need one telling me if I'm sweating. Gay.
  • ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress
    Yeah, clearly you'll know if your sweating or not. You'd have to be mentally incapable if you didn't. The point of the perspiration sensor would more then likely be for medical perposes. Just like the heart beat sensor or some sort of blood sugar sensor implemented in your phone. The perspiration. Sensor could be used to measure the amount of sodium in your sweat. That would translate into measuring levels of sodium in your body either to high or to low. That would help creat a better diet plan and help you live a healthier life style. I think that would be fantastic to have on your phone.
  • Shrivatsa
    Shrivatsa Posts: 97
    via Wordpress
    You just hit the nail on the Ice Cream Sandwich.
  • Shrivatsa
    Shrivatsa Posts: 97
    via Wordpress
    previous comment was in reply to Pacomac. Not that idiotic root.
  • melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    This will be great for fanboys they'll be able to stick their phones somewhere to monitor their temprature. Hopefully Apple will do extensive research and create a device that makes fanboys cum in their pants (hint: variable vibration speed dependant on mood) hehehe ;oP xxx
  • busted
    busted Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    Isn't that Mrs Obama's job rather than Steve's?
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    I think its a good idea. A sensor which detects what kind of clothes u should wear today and what work to do so iPhone = ur robot :p
  • Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    Jailbreak app if the mood chip works lol... I'll even try make haha
  • WildBill9478
    WildBill9478 Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    I like the idea of an elevation sensor. It would come in handy with my work if it was accurate enough to spot check grades to the nearest .1 or even .01. It would definitely open the doors for devs to make some serious surveying apps.
  • Guyver
    Guyver Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    A lot of these sensors being talked about have been in the last 2 generation of HTC android phones. This is old tech. The phone knows when it's in a purse and will increase the volume of the ring. If your phone is ringing you can flip it and it will either mute or turn the speaker phone on for you. if it's ringing you can pick it up and it will lower it's ring to a soft almost unnoticeable ring. And so on