iOS 5 Won't Be Compatible With iPhone 3GS?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiOS 5 Won't Be Compatible With iPhone 3GS?

According to Eldar Murtazin of Russian blog Mobile-Review, iOS 5 that will be unveiled at next month’s WWDC 2011 won’t be compatible with iPhone 3GS, which means that it will be compatible with iPhone 4 and future iPhones.

Eldar Murtazin revealed this via the following tweet:

Just one comment. Apple iPhone 3Gs wont be upgradable to iOS 5.x. iPhone 4 will.

Read the full story here

Comments

• busted
    busted Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    so logically they'll let us do what we want with those phones now, right?
  • MrMBerman
    MrMBerman Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    I'll be gutted if this is true.
  • Abel
    Abel Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    Nah, I don't see a total drop of 3GS. Maybe some features, sure, but not the entire thing.
  • зло
    зло Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    Buy new phone and next year one more and ... I start 2 think that I working for Apple but dont know that :) Next I gona buy some **** phone with call an sms only and forget this expensiv job :) Go with living etc. Good Luck people .
  • Lost kakashi
    Lost kakashi Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I think its correct to leave old generations behind. Continue to support whats in the market and upgrade to improve the new hardware. We paid for the old hardware with what it came. Why expect it to surpass its limits.
  • katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress
    Not much of a surprise if they go ahead and do it. They seem to love saying "screw you 3g owners" or in this case "screw you 3gs owners". I do agree though, if they are still selling the 3GS they had better keep supporting it till they stop selling it.The problem with keeping older versions of iOS is that your phone eventually starts running slow or encounters problems with newer apps, perhaps not everyone, but that's been my experience anyway.
  • Brett
    Brett Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    Uh what? We can't really understand you. You sound like you have some knowledge to share though.
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    Size of RAM is a major factor to decide to support or not. original/3G 128MB3GS 256MB4 512MB4S ?5 ?
  • Boss
    Boss Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    So, do they atleast realize and release unlock codes for iphone 2g/3g/3gs since they are not going to support (if it is true on 3gs).. or do we need to gift it to someone or throw it(if the guy does not know how to unlock with ultrasn0w).....
  • Pal
    Pal Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    hahah.. i doubt this is true... apple will just need to build a lower performance and/or stripped down version for 3G/3GS.
  • FredMC
    FredMC Posts: 73
    via Wordpress
    After Apple wrecked the 3G with iOS 4.0 I am hoping they are doing this for the right reasons - to not incapacitate the 3GS which they are still selling.
  • moe
    moe Posts: 158
    via Wordpress
    I think it is a good move because they destroyed so many 3G iPhones with 4.0 it's best nit to make 3GS a paperweight like the 3G after updating.
  • melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    Apple will most likely release a cut down version of IOS5 (one or two new features but not the major ones) just to bugger up the baseband 1 final time for those who unlock their 3GS devices.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Soon 4 will also loose support when new iOS 6 would be coming.
  • melvarius
    via Wordpress
    Apple tend to have 2 devices on the market (iPhones) so 3GS will be dropped when iPhone 5 shows up etc. At least that appears to be the trend. So iPhone4 is safe till the I6 comes out IMO.
  • melvarius
    via Wordpress
    Thats assuming they don't dump a 4GS/nano iPhone first.
  • Nigidivitch
    Nigidivitch Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    The problem is that the 3GS isn't old hardware - they're still trying to sell it in Apple shops. You can't stop supporting something that you're still selling, it's unethical and Apple would never, erm... ahh, I see ;)
  • Jrtb
    Jrtb Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    If they stop updating the phone that means you can always jailbreak any time you want without waiting for them to find new exploits and stuff like that.
  • deano
    deano Posts: 96
    via Wordpress
    ios 5 will work on iphone 3gs because there still selling iphone 3gs 8gb on there siteomg people think about it, and why is all this stuff about apple all made up i cant remember the last time i read a post that became truethe internet really is full of shite
  • deano
    via Wordpress
    and ios 3 then ios 4 then ios 5 and there is never nothing really differentjust apples way to make jb harderfactand these noobs on here talking about iphone 6 get a life people
  • Hacker
    Hacker Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    apple said iphone 3g could not have the gamcenter app and what do you know a tweak was release in cydia for gamecenter app and then they said no multasking on iphone 3 g and would do you know redsnow gives you the option to tweak it so that u could have multitasking on iphone 3g not including that there apps in cydia for multasking like backgrounder and other apps as well and then everybody was worried that they wouldnt have a video recorder app on iphone 3g like the 3gs has one and would do you know a developer made one for the iphone 3g found in the app store for 1$ and now there saying the 3gs wont have widgets and what do you know right now this very 2nd i have a htc flip clock wiget on my home screen so anything can be done if your jailbroken.apple will never fool the hacking community of what can be done will be done and nobody has to buy a new phone cuz apple saids so those days are over with ios5 will run better on iphone 4 but it will run on 3gs as well just a bit slower cuz of ram but steve just really needs another billion dollars so he saids it cant be done just like he said for the iphone 3g
  • deano
    via Wordpress
    the above comment is very truenice post
  • Rayden
    Rayden Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    WHAT IF I UPGRADE MY IPHONE 3G TO IOS 5??? WHAT WILLL HAPPEN
  • Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress
    My iphone 3gs has ios 5 so I don't know what they are talking aboot.