France Telecom CEO: Next iPhone Would Be Smaller And Thinner

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageFrance Telecom CEO: Next iPhone Would Be Smaller And Thinner

France Telecom CEO Stephane Richard in an interview with AllThing’sD has revealed that Apple was working on a project dubbed “e-SIM project”, which would allow the iPhone to work without any SIM card.

But carriers like France Telecom felt that it was a bad idea as “the SIM card is a critical piece of the security and authentication process”, so Apple is working with them to introduce a smaller SIM card.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    All phone maker want to reduce the size of phone. thiner and smaller. the size is depend on the size of LCD, and the thickness is depend on the battery otherwise the power consumption of devices. modern phone use more higher clock CPU, dual core, higher performance/funtional graphic function, more internal RAM... but, the battery technology is not advanced as the other techonology. maybe, Panasonic's new formulation can increase the capacity around 20% within same size of cell. or reduce 8g of phone, 18% of space of cell. or around 6% of size of current phone, maybe thickness can be reduced by 0.5mmor maybe height can be reduced by 7.0mm
  • your iphone
    your iphone Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    first to say who cares....there was soo much talk about the ip4 and all the leaked pics...i am just going to hold out for apple to show me it and it specks then i might buy one...but all this talk of the phone with a 4 in screen, now smaller, its going to do this or that...wast of time if you ask me...
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Everyone will say now for sure since there is no confirmation and its obvious, all new Apple devices = thinner
  • RiffRath
    RiffRath Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    Come on guys don't you know already never trust the foo foo French