Apple To Finally Launch iPhone 4 In India On Friday; Aircel Announces Reverse Subsidy Plans

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple To Finally Launch iPhone 4 In India On Friday; Aircel Announces Reverse Subsidy Plans

Apple is finally launching iPhone 4 in India on Friday – May 27th, almost 11 months after it was launched in the U.S.

While Bharti Airtel has started accepting iPhone 4 pre-registrations earlier this month, Aircel has issued a press release to confirm that it will be launching iPhone 4 this Friday for both pre-paid and post-paid customers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    I am from India and would avoid this. Firstly Aircel is not the best here, its just started in the Western region.Secondly iPhone 4 16 GB is available in grey market, factory unlocked for Rs. 32000 ($50 cheaper) and you can switch carriers at your own mercy. Plus cheaper data plans as well.
  • Shrivatsa
    Shrivatsa Posts: 97
    via Wordpress
    Hey, Where exactly did you get this deal? My mom wants to get the iPhone like NOW. She is finally making the switch from that god forsaken blackberry bold.
  • punish14
    punish14 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    who care about Fvcken India .. seriously Fvck off
  • Boss
    Boss Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    I dont think people can afford that much of price and aircel is up coming company so dont think so that people would go with aircel,,,,Apple should atleast release smaller size with much lesser price...
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Where are you located? All phone shops are carrying the iPhone for that price.
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    Hmm ~ too late to sell i4 ..
  • Ankur
    Ankur Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Bought iphone for 31500 from grey mktdefinitely aircel is gud coz it would cost 30-40 p per min in all d plans plus 3g plan free toothis is definitely an advantage which isnt available to usbut u hv to be stuck on it ..and if it is a locked one than it would be useless locked 1 from grey would b betrcoz in any case u hv to jailbreak it to realise its full worth
  • Best Jailbreak Apps
    via Wordpress
    finally iPhone 4 in India
  • SY
    SY Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Definately this will start a price war for IPhone and expecting Airtel / Vodafone would jump in this.
  • Gaurav D
    Gaurav D Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    As always, Apple is disposing the unfinished stock to India. They do it with everything, iPhones, iPads. Why doesn't apple realize, Indians can afford it. If 'Apple Devices + Customs' = Availability on Indian 'iStores', they can get far better response than introducing technology at a time that is going to get a successor real soon.Apple needs to think it's strategy. India is a big market. BTW, If we have to buy come-what-may, we get the stuff from grey market within a month of release. I dont know where Apple is going here.Very Disappointed. And look, they didn't allow me to customize the new macbook pro from the iStore. Had to get it shipped from US with help of a friend. Bad Bad Apple, No Donut for You.
  • PMB
    PMB Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    You do realise that those iphone grey market imports are actually stolen. Happened to a friend of mine in London in a night club. Couple of weeks later they get a facebook message from the guy who ended up buying their phone in India, who thought it was just a normal import..
  • Tintumon
    Tintumon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    If you have felt an iPhone in you hands I can bet, no other phone can give you the same feel.I guess money is not a constrain for smart phone users in today's MNC world. I have owned iPhone 2G and 3Gs for 2 - 3 years and I can say that it was initially not designed for Indian users and definitely not for masses. Though is has been launched in India as per high demand. There is no comparison to it till date.Indians would not find it value for money which is true and that's the reason it's not everyone phone. Definitely there are hundreds of reason not to own iPhone and I agree with it. Every second smart phone be it Samsung, LG, HTC, Nokia etc. is inspired by iPhone features today & still cannot match it.The irony is 97% of Indian population would not know what is Apple so forget about iPhone.Apple is a true innovative leader in gadgets and deserves to be the best and is religiously followed by others after invention of iPod, iPhone & iPad.Buy whatever you pocket allows but do not find reasons not to buy an iPhone, cause is none !!!
  • Iqbal
    Iqbal Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Locke to much this application