AT&T Rolling Out 4G LTE Network This Summer

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Rolling Out 4G LTE Network This Summer

Earlier today, AT&T announced that it will be rolling out its 4G LTE network in the following five U.S. cities this summer: Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Atlanta, and San Antonio.

It has also revealed that it plans to add ten or more cities in the second half of this year. Back in January, AT&T CEO De la Vega had revealed that AT&T plans to accelerate the deployment of its 4G LTE network this year instead of 2012.

Here’s an excerpt from AT&T’s press statement:

Read the full story here

Comments

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    See your second "related posts"? I'm still getting 2.3mbps speeds, and it's midway thru 2011. I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Dempa
    Dempa Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    Naaah, todays 3G-speed should be good for 99% of phone-only users. Coverage and stability is of bigger importance. 4G is more for heavy data users but with todays data caps I wonder how much more useful compared to a well working 3G connection? So, rather a reliable and functional iPhone on 3G than some non-iOs phone on 4G for Me.
  • Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress
    Yeah... I'd rathEr have a signal in my house more than being able to download **** faster in my car.
  • Mcsteven
    Mcsteven Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    Nah I wouldn't use android or any other unstable OS. I'll only use an iPhone. They've proven worthy over and over. I'm happy with how fast my iPhone 4 is on AT&T. When 4g comes, it comes...
  • What the eff??
    What the eff?? Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    L.A. not on the list?? They should roll out in the largest markets 1st after testing. The coasts have not only more subscribers but more smart phone users that would benefit from LTE and in turn help pay for more upgrades to their infrastructure. Bad plan
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    I once maxed out my 2GB allocation for the month in an hour and forty minutes, before changing over to the unlimited plan. That wasn't even at maximum 3G speed. 4G LTE is supposed to be much faster? Whats the point if you on a limited plan. Your more likely to end up with overage charges especially if you watch a lot of video. Why all the limitations and data caps if the network is getting better. More bandwidth and speed, so why impose data caps, its ridiculous.
  • iJohn
    iJohn Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    AT&T used to have unlimited international plans too. How do I know? I use an old unlimited international data plan from my company BlackBerry in my iPhone 4 when I travel internationally. Why doesn't this plan exist any more? AT&T found they could make more money if the didn't have an unlimited international data plan, so they did away with it. Why did they do away with the unlimited domestic data plans? Same reason, but they had to claim it was to reduce bandwidth usage so no one would complain.AT&T is an American company. Americans are capitalists. Capitalism is about making money for yourself and f*cking everyone else in the processes. Sorry for the politics in the technology forum.I don't expect AT&T to reinstitute an unlimited international data plan any time soon and I don't expect AT&T to reinstitute an unlimited domestic data plan any time soon. We let them get away with removing the plan. The only way to get it back would be to move to a network that has unlimited data.
  • Tony
    Tony Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    Move to friggin' Cuba if you don't like here, see if you like it there...
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Who cares ATT can go to hell. Why is iPhone hacks even talking about them? Does it even matter if they get 5G or anything else.
  • Devohouse
    Devohouse Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    More and more people are canceling their ATT Uverse Tv and just watching tv on their phones or on home Internet. That's why they are capping the data plans so you will have to keep Uverse Tv.
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    Looks like the next generation iphone won't be LTE if only 5 major cities will have them that they listed. IT's not worth Apple to release the LTE models as of yet.
  • iJohn
    iJohn Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    I'll try to swing by on my way home from Russia and keep an open mind on things outside myself.
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress
    Can someone explain download speeds to me? How is it that the 4G network can get 28.87 Mbps, while Comcast boasts having the fastest internet connection and only gets download speeds "up to 15 Mbps." What am I missing here?