iCloud: Apple Signs Deal With Major Music Labels; Negotiating With Film Studios To Include Movies An

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiCloud: Apple Signs Deal With Major Music Labels; Negotiating With Film Studios To Include Movies And TV Shows

Apple announced earlier today that Steve Jobs will unveil its new cloud based service called iCloud at WWDC 2011 keynote.

So not surprising after today's announcement, the blogosphere is buzzing with rumors and speculations about Apple's upcoming cloud services offering.

MG Siegler of TechCrunch provides some more details about iCloud:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Woodlandstar
    Woodlandstar Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    I sure hope it has app sync capabilities. Thats the main reason I'm put off buying an iPad, as I don't want 2 sets of apps/games at different points and with different info.
  • Sledge Hammer
    Sledge Hammer Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I hope it get included as part of my mobile me subscription cause I'm not trying to pay more than $99 per year. People tell me even that is a rip off.
  • UhWhatsTheDeal
    UhWhatsTheDeal Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Folks, please see the writing in the wall…. WHY would anyone buy something and let someone else keep it for you??????? Then charge you to use it????? What happens on that proverbial day when the sun is shining and there is no cloud????I URGE ANYONE WHO READS THIS TO RESIST THE CLOUD BECAUSE ONCE IT CATCHES ON WITH THE ‘SHEEP’ WE’RE DOOMED TO IT! Imaging buying Photoshop for $1,000 and having to have internet access to use it!!! That’s where this is going, it is a mere ploy to retard illegal music/software copying.
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    It's throwing money away for ur own data u can already use for free without relying on how fast ur Internets going.It's like home sharing, it's a good idea but it can slow down the computer and the home network for other users
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    This is just gonna be awesome. Go Apple go..
  • Rahul Aggarwal
    Rahul Aggarwal Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Though Apple has not revealed the exact benefits of the icloud service, it is predicted that this will be another successful breakthrough. With neither both the Google and the Amazon.com not having a legal/secured deals with the recording companies, Apple is showing signs of reigning, by having talks with the four top recording companies to enable its users, to have their songs uploaded avoiding the time consuming step of having every song uploaded onto the online storage locker. . It's unclear how Apple intends to make money from the iCloud service, although a subscription plan seems likely.
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    You are so right, the SHEEP need to open their eyes. Imagine traveling down a remote country lane where their is limited mobile phone communications and trying to listen to your music! What happens when you skip a track and have to wait a couple of minutes for the next track to download. Don't even get me started about satellite navigation such as Google offer, it just doesn't work.
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    So this service solves the problem of time consuming uploads but no mention of how they intend to get around the time consuming downloads problem. Sure it can predict the next album track or even random play, but it can't product my random selections!
  • Symphony
    Symphony Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    ... And how about the fact that both Verizon and AT&T are not offering unlimited data plans..., don't see why anyone would pay for that subscription service on top of possibly maxing out there data usage
  • Best Jailbreak Apps
    via Wordpress
    I think iCloud will completely replace or change MobileMe
  • UhWhatsTheDeal
    UhWhatsTheDeal Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    It seems as if I've incited a riot... GOOD !!
  • Andrew Powell
    Andrew Powell Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    What expectation! More trinkets! Oh, the excitement! You would think MacDefender hadn't surfaced. More fanboy juvenilia from Kit Eaton.
  • Millionaire’s Consultant
    via Wordpress
    I don´t think iCloud necessarily means "online music" for Apple. It should be one of many features, but my take is that it will be related to productivity. iWork would leapfrog MS Office if we could edit any document online from a Mac, iPad, iPhone or ipod and be able to do it with simultaneous users in real time. From the cloud or from a server. I know this is already available in Google Docs, but the interface is not easy to use from mobile devices and is missing too many features. With Apple´s installed base it could easily become a standard.
  • Home Party Consultant
    via Wordpress
    Very excited to see what the new iOS will bring.
  • Millionaire Society Member
    via Wordpress
    ICloud will open many new markets, especially for the music industry.