Apple's iCloud To Cost $25 Per Year After Trial Period?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple's iCloud To Cost $25 Per Year After Trial Period?

Another day and another rumor about iCloud – Apple’s upcoming cloud based services that Steve Jobs will unveil at next week’s WorldWide Developer Conference 2011.

LA Times reports that Apple will initially offer iCloud services for free to users who buy music from the iTunes Store and later expects to charge a subscription fee of $25 per year after the trial period.

LA Times reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Margie
    Margie Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Great! Il be getting that!
  • sirpimpin
    sirpimpin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i want to know is how is this going to effect my data usage because 2 gig will fly by quickly on my iphone 25 dollars plus a bunch of data overage does not sound so hot
  • Abel
    Abel Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    I like the idea of being able to DL my paid-for music more than once, since I keep my library up-to-date on many devices, and having to transfer from iPhone1 to laptop1 to laptop2 to iPad to iPhone2 or some variation thereof is a real pain. But, I shouldn't have to pay extra for that.
  • nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress
    This should be free.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    I don't know how it works yet, but I know I'll go over 2GB with this service. The only way I can see it being successful is if data from icloud is free. Otherwise, it's a failed project.I don't have unlimited data because I actually switched to verizon for the droid but it was horrible so I switched back and am stuck on the 2GB data plan with ATT...Show us unlimited data with icloud, or it'll fail.
  • Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    Great idea! Unlimited data? What has that got to do with it?Songs are what? 3/4mb usually? So no wont affect that... movies yes, but seriously? Your going to redownload movies on multiple devices? There are free wifi spots at coffee shops, your home etc for that, besides the fact it will take a long time to redownload.....I don't ever use more than 100mb a month usually... 2gb is a MASSIVE amount for a mobile device to go through.... Specially when there are so many free spots around!
  • Jim Jack And Johnny
    via Wordpress
    I see what you're saying, but if you're a user that will use the service to listen to music in your car on your way to and from work and end up in your car using it for 2 hours a day then that's 60 hours a month... 60 hours * 60 minutes = 3600 minutes... average of 1mb per minute and you'll be using 3.6 gigs in a month solely on listening to music on your way to and from work. I understand most people won't use it 3600 minutes just going to and from work in a month, but even 2000 minutes and there goes your entire data package in just music. Also, that is if you are using mp3's instead of any type of lossless music format such as aiff's which have much better quality and run about 10mb per minute.Personally, I have the unlimited data plan so it doesn't bother me regardless, but just wanted to point out that 2 gb is not that MASSIVE when people will be using the icloud to listen to music in their cars... Not trying to be a ****, just providing some food for thought.
  • CheeseEater
    CheeseEater Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    Seems like the way to implement it that makes the most sense is to combine it with mobile me and make it one service. they have already laid the groundwork for that by making the phone locater free. would not be surprised if it were an "update" to MM and made lower in cost ($25/yr sounds right)
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Speed will also take a massive hit.
  • mustafa
    mustafa Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    how much does it cost i think dev team started to take money from us .