Leaked iOS 5 Screenshots Reveal Nuance Speech Recognition Settings

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageLeaked iOS 5 Screenshots Reveal Nuance Speech Recognition Settings

One of the features that we were expecting Apple to showcase at the WWDC 2011 Keynote address was the deep integration of Siri’s artificial intelligence and assistance technology in iOS 5, which uses Nuance Communications speech recognition technology. We had also heard rumors that Apple was in talks with Nuance to use their speech recognition technology.

Unfortunately, there were no announcements during the keynote.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    I'm excited if it works. Every speech recognition that's been built-in so far has been worthless and is usually turned off on the first usage.
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    There app works about 45% of the time... But there program on the pc works well after about 30-45 mins of teaching
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    I hope it works well with out languages.
  • Bruce
    Bruce Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    I'm tottaly agree with you!, and only the fact of know when we use hands free to speak with other persons, we know that the all people turn around to look it us so image it saying only commands like "open" "pictures" and stuff like that!
  • Reouch
    Reouch Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I'm totally mega excited! Nuance has it's quirks but what better one is there out there? I've payed to have speech recognition on my iphone for text messages and emails but it will be easier and freer to have it built into the messenger and mail programs. Oooooh I hope they hurry up. Apple is soooo good at sand bagging...