Apple Tracking iPhone IMEI?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Tracking iPhone IMEI?

Yesterday, Dan over at Uneasy Silence discovered a URL embedded into two iPhone applications, which includes your iPhone's equipment ID. The two iPhone applications are the Stocks and the Weather widgets. It appears that the URL contacts Apple servers when you use these widgets and it doesn't return any data,...

Read the full story here

Comments

• banker
    banker Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

The stock widget is offering market data from stock exchanges. Despite the delay of the data most exchanges require vendors / websites to sign agreements on how and to whom that data will be offered / redistributed. Some even charge for delayed data. That whole mess was introduced by the US exchanges more than 15 years ago. Most exchanges followed. Apple or their service provider (Yahoo) might be required to track who get's to see that data to fullfil their contracts with the exchanges.

banker

• LGggek
    LGggek Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I might buy the stock explanation but don't think that checking the weather would fall into this category. Apple's history of snooping on it's customers (widget advisory,etc) leaves most people distrustful of it. If this was no big thing why didn't apple just disclose it?

• JACK MANNING
    JACK MANNING Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Do I have to have a credit card to download free downloads from < ul > app store and iTunes?

Also... can I underline, bold or italicize my text messages or emails ok iPhone?

• JACK MANNING
    via Wordpress

What does it mean when it says"too many redirects"
    when downloading.
    thank you

• JACK MANNING
    via Wordpress

How can I get clearer utube videos. It looks all blurry and my original iPhone was more clear. I have a iPhone 3g now, before it was just a normal iPhone. It was dropped in water once could that be the cause of blurry utube viewing?
    Utube

• GetinAir
    GetinAir Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Yep that the reason, because you dropped it in water it’s like looking through an aquarium now.

• ReLlz
    ReLlz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

wat i want to kno is can the freakin device be pin pointed/located so it can be returned to its owner and the jackass that stole it arrested?
    cus if apple can bill and locate the darn device they should be able to reveal the wearabouts to the police and inform them that it has been found and the return is highly desired by its owner... >=/