Unlocked iPhone 4 Coming To U.S. This Wednesday?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageUnlocked iPhone 4 Coming To U.S. This Wednesday?

According to ChronicWire, Apple will finally start selling factory unlocked iPhones in the U.S. from Wednesday.

Ever since Apple launched GSM iPhone in the U.S., it has been locked to AT&T and the CDMA iPhone, which was launched earlier in the year is also locked to Verizon as they offer them at subsidized prices to customers willing to sign a two-year contract. Apple currently offers factory unlocked/SIM free iPhones in some select countries such as UK, Canada, Hong Kong etc.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    Whats the point if At&t buy's out T-mobile? Sure you can use it internationally when you travel, but for the majority, that's not the case.
  • LiKe A SomEboOooODEe
    via Wordpress
  • Tnt
    Tnt Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Im still waiting for unlock for 4.1 bb 02.10.04. Doesnt look like its gonna happen so should i upgrade to ios 4.3 to unlock.
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    Okay so this is BS but will find out on Wednesday. Which I doubt is true but will wait and see. So does that mean that for those whose contract is over on the older models can now be unlocked officially? I don't see any point in this if Apple is selling 2 separate models in U.S
  • Phil
    Phil Posts: 87
    via Wordpress
    iphone 4 is a vista don't buy it a&at owns T-moble so what's the pont
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    WHy dont they offer option to current owners to unlock at a fee?
  • geekinit
    geekinit Posts: 65
    via Wordpress
    There was a time when I had a cellular one sim card that ran me $65/mo unlimited data and unlimited minutes. AT&T bought them and I got grandfathered in on this plan. I ran a jailbroken/unlocked phone for a while but it was too difficult for me to stay on the latest iPhone so I go rid of this account, went with full AT&T and of course I'm kicking myself right now...
  • Rick
    Rick Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    So i guess for those of us still stuck with 4.2.1 and BB 03.10.01 we are pretty much screwed? I am getting sick of using this gevey sim for when i travel.
  • Abhi
    Abhi Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    The note in the end of the article is not correct as both the service providers in India don't offer unlocking of iPhones(locked) bought from US. Please validate and correct the note.
  • Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    Can anyone comment on iPhone in China? I brought my old iPhone 3G from US to Shanghai. I had it jailbroken via one of the local vendors. I can only get EDGE with China Mobile due to compatability issue. I get 3G with China Unicom, however, the 3G speed feels slower compare to the US. I am trying to determine whether I should get the iPhone 4 or wait for the iPhone 5. The main question is would I be able to get the 4G speed that iPhone 5 was designed for OR should I simply get the iPhone 4 (after iPhone 5 releases so I can give it at discount) and wait until the technology catch up here in China. Thanks.
  • tan
    tan Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    "Apple is expected to sell the unsubsidized factory unlocked iPhone 4 for $599 (16 GB model) and $699 (32 GB model). " Isn't this similar prices to buy the iphone without contracts? I'm wondering will Apple make this the ONLY option (similar to the google phone/Nexus One), where it is unlocked for all carriers. It might be easier on their end. And I'm sure even with that, the carriers who choose to would sell the phone as a discounted price for the contract.
  • ink
    ink Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Wow apple sure knows how to milk everyone for their money. Sold my factory unlocked one for 500 bucks and bought a playbook and a torch. **** u apple
  • Janet
    Janet Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Well for all the poeple that plan on buying the unlocked iPhone 4 the company Phone Guard Global will be offering insurance coverage for the phones for residents of the USA and abroad. so visit www.phoneguardglobal.com or search iTunes for phone guard global. I was speaking to a customer service rep there today and she stated all iphones can be covered by any wireless carrier.Janet
  • abc
    abc Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    **** you, Apple.I will never buy your locked fucking products.
  • Ng
    Ng Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    I have a supplier right now selling a couple phones. He has 20 of each phone, they are brand new and all factory unlocked and factory sealed.galaxy s2 - $500iphone 4 32gb white and black- $500iphone 4 16gb white and black- $450Blackberry 9800- $300He also sells the ipad 2 64gb 3g wifi white for $600 each. He only has 10 in stock right now.Payment is paypal. If you are interested let me know. My email is saywhatwhat83@yahoo.com