iPhone 5 Hits Final Testing Stage; May Not Get 8-Megapixel Camera

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 5 Hits Final Testing Stage; May Not Get 8-Megapixel Camera

9 to 5 Mac reports that according to their source, iPhone 5 has hit final testing stages and expected to be release in September.

9 to 5 Mac also reports that the next generation iPhone will get the 5-megapixel camera as iPhone 4 instead of the widely speculated 8-megapixel camera.

9 to 5 Mac reports:

The next generation iPhone has reached the final testing stage (aka “AP” stage [Thanks, Chronic!]) and is now being carried around by high level Apple and carrier executives.

Read the full story here

Comments

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress
    The quality of the pixels matters far more than the number of pixels. 5 megapixels is fine as long as the image sensor is high quality.
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    I can't imagine them not putting the better camera in the new phone. What other differences will there really be? Processor. I always sell my phone and upgrade to the new one and it would be sweet to have the same processor as my iPad 2 but I don't think I would upgrade this time if that's gonna be the only real changes. As a matter of fact I don't really care that much about the camera either. I just hope they come out with some cool s**t and I'm so glad that I don't have Verizon. No problems with dropped calls in New Jersey.
  • dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress
    C'mon Apple, the iPhone 5 needs a better camera. Your starting to lag. Give an incentive to upgrade, not just faster processors.
  • RelicS13
    RelicS13 Posts: 74
    via Wordpress
    all i know is ive heard nothing but problem with verizon customers in general, everyone i know that has at&t here in orange county and parts of riverside have never had problems and love their iphone, i just hope they do upgrade the camera, but ill settle for a faster processor and more memory!!!
  • Mcsteven
    Mcsteven Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    Verizon has always been slower than AT&T. So that's understandable...
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    What is the iPhone 5 going to have? Nothing really, just a new name.
  • Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress
    You're = you are.BTW, more megapixel doesn't mean better quality image. The number of pixels just means the actual size of the picture is bigger. If you want better pictures you need the pixel (dots) to be smaller.It's also important to have a fast processor and to be programmed right to capture light and color correctly.
  • Eric
    via Wordpress
    WHAT??? Megapixels are pixels.one million pixels = 1 megapixel.
  • Eric
    via Wordpress
    sorry I read yours wrong....you are 100% correct.
  • Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    i wont be upgrading unless their actually upgrading the components of the phone, ie camera, processor, memory to 32gb and 64gb being standard. Its not gonna be worth it if the screen is the same size, form factor is the same,same cam as iphone 4 but its a little faster. if this is the case i will wait till next year and i think a lot of other people will as well. With that being said im sure apple will go with the 8MP cam hopefully from Sony
  • Divxclub
    Divxclub Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    GOD DAMNIT IT'SALL ABOUT PHOTONS!!!! AND MAGNITS :D on serious note inmost cameras indeed it's not about how many MP your CCD can produce but quality of CCD, LENS, and that two combined amount of light received.I think that how it goes.
  • JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    god shut the **** up. you never say anything worth a damn.
  • K!llerCheeze
    K!llerCheeze Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Eric is correct, the main thing an increase in megapixels does is allow an image to be printed bigger without loss of quality. 5 megapixels is plenty for most users as *most* users only ever view their images on screens and don't get them printed out. I am a photographer and it's one of the biggest misconceptions that is exploited by the camera manufacturers. People really shouldn't get hung up on it.
  • Squid
    Squid Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Who cares about Verizon not happy with FT & OTA... how about the rest of the WORLD eagerly waiting? Plus if you want superb pictures, buy a camera and not a phone. 5MP is perfectly OK for a mobile phone!
  • Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    im aware that the iphone 4 5mp cam takes better pics then most of the 8mp cams in other smartphones but i cant see why they would stick with 5 when other smartphones may come out with 10mp or better. i think 8mp sony cam will blow those out of the water. we gotta remember the iPhone isnt the only phone out there and I like being able to talk people into coming over to the iPhone. that would be a lot harder to do if we get the same camera just with the led flash on the other side of the phone. Speaking of the flash i would prefer a xenon flash that can greatly improve night photos and an even better zoom so it can really make Point and shoots not necessary
  • UhWhatsThaDeal
    UhWhatsThaDeal Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • platypus
    platypus Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Why would you want anything higher than a 5mp camera anyway? what are you planning on doing with the shots? I'd rather see a higher quality 3.2 camera. So sick of this bigger has to be better thing. Use your phone to send a MMS and your photo is shrunk down to VGA standards (or only slightly higher) - your megapixels are withered down.