Google Sync For iPhone & iPad Gets New Features

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGoogle Sync For iPhone & iPad Gets New Features

Google has just added three new features to Google Sync for iPhone and iPad.

Google Sync for iOS allows users to sync Gmail, Contacts and Calendar to iPhone and iPad over-the-air using push technology.

Google has added the following new features that will allow users to:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress
    That is a nice feature from Google!
  • Brains530
    Brains530 Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    I thought they already searched for emails from their server. I've never really tried it so I could be wrong. No I don't think it's necessary for them to create their own app
  • aphone
    aphone Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    hey google and or apple, how about fixing the itunes contact sync? you can only sync the first time. but after adding a new contact online or on the iphone. it does not update, when trying to sync through itunes again. whats up!?
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    Gr8 I use goolge sync for everything!Hey @aphone I really don't think anyone from apple or google reads this websites posts! Maybe the anti jailbreak ppl but that would be about it
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Sounds like a user error there. You need to decide how you want to sync your contacts then set your phone to match that. Google sync is done wirelessly. iTunes can currently sync to windows contacts, outlook, etc. You can't enter contacts online and expect itunes to sync it for you. iCloud is their new service that will come out this fall that takes care of contacts through iCloud.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    I'm also using google for cal/email/contacts. I have no reason to switch those services over to iCloud so it'd have to be extremely impressive for me to make the switch. The other iCloud services are a plus though, like photo stream and wireless backup.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Google is doing awesome for apple stuff.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    + (i would like to have an native google app)
  • Avster
    Avster Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Biggest problem with setting up Gmail as Exchange is that it archives deleted messages instead of deleting them. The result is the mailbox filling up quickly and no easy way to identify archived email to delete later. I use Exchange for the contacts and calendars, but regular setup for email.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Archiving of emails is actually a feature, you can disable it via the Settings app (Settings app -> Mail, Contacts, Calendar -> Select the appropriate account -> Archive Messages toggle.
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    Just tried the search on server and it returned nothing. I am guessing it only searches the inbox which doesn't have a lot of messages in my case and those are usually already on the phone. It want to be able to search all archived messages and it's not doing that. Also I see nowhere to do the "send email as" option. I have always wanted that as I juggle many email address and have always accepted that when I sent messages from my phone they have to go out from my main address whether I use the iphone built-in mail or the google web app.
  • aphone
    aphone Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    worked for me before itunes 10 and ios 4.0. if i changed something in my gmail/google contacts. it would sync it to my phone via itunes and vice versa. yes i know you can sync via exchange, however it is limited to how many numbers per contact it has and info as well.