Amazon Planning To Launch Tablet To Compete With Apple's iPad?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAmazon Planning To Launch Tablet To Compete With Apple's iPad?

DigiTimes reports that Amazon is planning to launch its own branded tablet to compete with Apple’s hugely successful iPad.

According to DigiTimes, Amazon will launch the tablet in August or September, with sales target of 4 million units before the end of the year.

DigiTimes reports:

The timing of launch is to meet the peak sales period prior to Thanksgiving in the US and the year-end holidays in the US and Europe, the sources pointed out.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    They've been so successful with the Kindle, I would think they'd be the number one potential threat to Apple.
  • geekinit
    geekinit Posts: 65
    via Wordpress
    Well, I hope the new kindle doesn't use multitouch cuz Apple finally landed the patent on that. If you're not first, you're last.
  • joe shmoe
    joe shmoe Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    They already have one. Its call the Krapdle, i mean kindle. Big WOOP.
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    Looking at how other manufacturers are doing against the iPad I think 4 million units in three months his highly optimistic for a BRANDED tablet! Notice the OS wasn't mentioned so we can assume Android? I have a Xoom and still waiting for Motorola to release a bug fixed OS so I can use the device how it was intended. Right now Android tablets don't perform nearly as well as the iPad 1, never mind iPad 2!
  • T-mobile 1.59.00
    T-mobile 1.59.00 Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    This is actually funny, it seems like everyone is trying to compete with the iPad. What's next eBay tablet.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Haha, Amazon should concentrate on what they do best. Sell Apple products!
  • Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress
    I think every other tablet maker is two years too late out of the gate. Apple has a huge lead, innovation and excitement. I'd like to look at the Amazon tablet, but how can they possibly compete with Apple? At this point Apple is the only game in town.
  • Hue
    Hue Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    As far as form factor the HP touchpad was the best non apple product out there. Now its gone. android tablets are nice but the apps are not up to par with all developers going to apple. Our company has gone through 7 tablets from android, black berry and touchpad. Even if the amazon was better physically let's say 20 hours of battery life a better looking display and thinner than iPad 2. It would be impossible to catch with the amount of apps apple has.