Over 1 Million Unlocked iPhones Running On T-Mobile USA's Network

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageOver 1 Million Unlocked iPhones Running On T-Mobile USA's Network

Seth Weintraub of 9 to 5 Mac reports that a T-Mobile USA spokesperson has revealed that the carrier currently has over one million iPhone users on its network.

AT&T and Verizon are the official iPhone carriers in the U.S. and Apple started selling factory unlocked iPhone 4s in the U.S. only a week back, which means that a majority of them are unlocked using Ultrasn0w - software method to unlock iPhone.

Seth Weintraub writes:

Read the full story here

Comments

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    VERY surprised that there is that many! I wonder how many are jailbroken? Probably 90% right? Since Apple JUST started selling the unlocked version?
  • BP
    BP Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I have been running the original iPhone, 3G, and now the 3GS (factory unlocked) on tmobile since the first software unlock. My Edge connection is not that slow and I really dont care since I am around wifi 99% of the day.The factory unlocked phones did not just come out, they have been available for a while from select countries since the release of the 3G and the iPhone 4 has been available factory unlocked from Canada since it was released
  • Junior Lange
    Junior Lange Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I've Been Using T-Mobile on iPhone For The Longest. But I've Recently Just Switched To Simple Mobile and It's Been Great. Just Waiting For a New iPhone That will Support their 4G Network.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    I know a few people with iphones and tmobile. They don't seem to care about internet speeds and some don't even subscribe to internet. There's practically wifi everywhere we go.
  • sammy
    sammy Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    I've been using the iphones on T-Mobile since the original one. I just now switched from my gevey unlocked iphone 4 to a factory unlocked. Money well spent... no more headaches.
  • OnieL
    OnieL Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    T-Mobile RULES and its 10 times Better than that shitty at&t!! Im using an iphone 3Gs with T-mobile USA network on ios 4.3.3 BB 05.13.04 with ultrasn0w unlock and i love it!!!Can't wait for the iphone 5 or 4gs to come out!! = )))
  • mickey
    mickey Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    I'm very surprised to see these results and happy as well. I've had every iPhone unlocked through ultrasn0w on T-mobile's network and honestly EDGE isn't that bad. Now i have the i4 and as long as I can do what I need on my phone I'm content. T-mobile is a great network and wouldn't change for anything.
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    I had an iphone 3gs that I used on T-mobiles edge network with the $10 unlimited plan. It got the job done as far as email and less data intensive programs go, but was extremely slow. Netflix and you tube as you can imagine were and are useless on edges network. Without the $10 unlimited plan being offered anymore, I can't justify using tmobile as a carrier. And for those that claim they can get wifi where ever they go, why even buy a cell phone, get a tablet and use a voice over data program, but we all know that's just an exaggeration.
  • DJ Nivek
    DJ Nivek Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    haha and I'm one of them, AT&T cost me over $110 a month, T-Mobile Costs me $53. And when the iPhone works on 4g with tmobile itll have 2GB OF WEB WHICH IS THE SAME EXACT THING! :)
  • dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress
    does it really matter? after all at&t is wanting to purchase t-mobile
  • T-mobile 1.59.00
    T-mobile 1.59.00 Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Like i said again and again T-mobile FTW!!! FU AT&T and VERIZON
  • purplemaize
    purplemaize Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    not yet but with 2 phones on AT&T I am paying 90.00 a month, but I still have my 3GS. I am waiting for my next iphone to arrive. Then this household will make the switch over.
  • fireknight25
    fireknight25 Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    I have been using unlock iphones on T-mobile since the very first gen iphone 4gb came out. I buy and sell off every version of the iphone to trade up and have been paying for at a higher price to stay out of AT&T contract. Hated At&t customer support, they treated me like crap. Watch me switch to Verizon when they takeover T-mobile.
  • T-mobile 1.59.00
    T-mobile 1.59.00 Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    The edge network is not bad as it seems.. It's not slow and it's not fast but if u add my3g it's a bit faster with a bit more battery consumption if you really need to look up something. Overall I luv t-mobile. And if anyone living on the east coast try simple mobile that was also mention on top. Supposedly they also use t-mobile networks but offer way cheaper plans unlimited data talk text $60. I want to Switch but simple mobile customer service is worser then t-mobile.
  • Fleur
    Fleur Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Unlocked iPhones are available since the 3G in several countries and easy to buy online, for instance on eBay.
  • Fleur
    Fleur Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    I mean factory unlocked !
  • King Kong
    King Kong Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I am one of them! Hate AT&T!
  • Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress
    factory unlocked iphone4 at apple storefor $649.99. why buy on ebay for $800 and uptmobile no contract unlimited talk,text,web for $50.00 a month.buy $50.00 refill on ebay $39.00I have all the network phone.att, verizon, sprint, net1 ,straight talk, none of them sound good as tmobile. i don't care verizon have more singnal evrry where .on the call i can't understand a thing.it sound like this with another network.h------e------l------l--------o-----v---o---.not with Tmobile.just hello .
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Imagine more could be possible if unlock for 2.10,3.10 and 4.10 became available!
  • romeini
    romeini Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I've been using T-Mobile on my i-phone 3GS, for only $50 a month. it has been great!!
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    i have been using unlocked iphones i the tmo network for a few years now, mainly because of the cheaper plans. for about the last year now, my plan is about $80 for unlimited everything on a 3g (haven't done the tzone hack yet). this is my only phone and rarely do data, mostly because its slow and i usually need my macbook for any real surfing. data is just for emails and facebook and some apps like maps.ive considered just getting a droid to get my money's worth from the data plan and now looking at piggy backing on a family plan on verizon