Install PDF Patcher 2 To Fix JailbreakMe 3.0 Vulnerability

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageInstall PDF Patcher 2 To Fix JailbreakMe 3.0 Vulnerability

JailbreakMe 3.0 – one of the easiest solutions to jailbreak iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch that was released by Comex earlier today uses a userland exploit to jailbreak and install Cydia on an iOS device.

Experts have raised concerns that the vulnerability in iOS could be exploited in a similar way by malicious websites to install malware.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JC
    JC Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    I'm getting this error from Cydia...404 Not FoundThe server can not find the requested page:moreinfo.thebigboss.org/moreinfo/depiction.php?file=pdfpatch2Data (port 80)Please forward this error screen to moreinfo.thebigboss.org's WebMaster.Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.5 Server at moreinfo.thebigboss.org Port 80
  • nib
    nib Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    so with this i can get my CDMA iphone4 iOS 4.3.3 jailbroken?
  • El Hache
    El Hache Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    If I'm already jailbroken with redsnow 4.3.3, iphone 4, do I need to use this patch?
  • Jeroenxp
    Jeroenxp Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Yes. The vulnerability stays on al devices even with redsnow en snowbreeze. Because the PDF read function in iOS is vulnerable.
  • JC
    JC Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    Re-booted....everything is fine now.....thx
  • alain
    alain Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I tried my friend's iphone with IOS 4.2.1 on firmware 3.10.01. When i try d/l cydia, it stops halfway and the icon disappeared. I did a reboot on his iphone and i'm now stuck at the reboot screen with the Apple logo on it, and it kept rebooting by itself without going into main screen. Plug it in into iTunes is useless too. Please help!!
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    The jailbreak is only for iOS 4.3.3. You'll have to restore mostlikely.
  • vio
    vio Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • Stan
    Stan Posts: 192
    via Wordpress
    I can't find it in Cydia.
  • Ton
    Ton Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Now here's a situation:I have updated both my ipad 2 and iphone 4 to 4.3.3 but i cannot use jailbreakme pdf exploit unless restore devices. I did restore the ipad cause there's no other way, but i dont wanna restore the iphone. I will probably use redsnow to have the jailbreak done. Is there any proof that the vulnerabilty exists in pre-set IOS devices?
  • dres
    dres Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I've done everything and all seemed well until I clicked on my apps and all they do is crash, what's causing this and how can I fix? Thanks
  • Jared619
    Jared619 Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Can someone please help me?I have an iPhone 3GS and I used the previous jailbreakme to get to 4.0, I am on 05.13.04 baseband. This is all I have done to the iPhone, no unlocks, just the jailbreak.I understand that I have to get it to 4.3.3 to use jailbreakme 3.0, but how should I go about doing this?Should I just plug it into iTunes and update to latest? I don’t know if I should be concerned about iTunes updating the baseband or something.Thanks for your reply! I’m sure more people are in the same boat with me
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    The Cydia store has a solution for almost everything!
  • Boss
    Boss Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    I had similar problem..All you have to do is - just restore with custom ios version if u wan to unlock....
  • Boss
    Boss Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    As per my knowledge...if u do it with itunes...it is going to update yoru baseband to latest..If you ever want to unlock..u can do it and just jailbreak with jailbreakme3...if u want to unlock , then better use sn0wbreeze to jailbreak and unlock.I dont think, jailbreakme preserves baseband..Thanks
  • Hoser
    Hoser Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    I installed PDF Patcher 2. Now I can't seem to play QuickTime audio and videos on safari. I haven't done anything else to the phone. I was running 4.3.2 and used ih8sn0w to update and jailbreak to 4.3.3 after all this happened. I've cleared cache, cookies, history, reset network and I'm still not able to view video or audio on safari. I also used to be able to view the desktop version of yahoo.com. Now I can only view the mobile version. I'm at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. For all I know it may not be PDF Patcher that caused this.
  • Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress
    Just tried to JB and unlock my Iphone 4 WITHOUT success. JB seems to work BUT unlock does not. In fact, for some reason I cannot use my Iphone with the SIM that was working BEFORE I JB and/or tried to unlock it. Now it does not work with ANY SIM!! So confused now.I JB using redsn0w rc15 with 4.3.3 (baseband 04.10.01). Then ran redsn0w rc16 for the bug fix and also tried ultrasn0w 1.2.3 as well.All other functions seem to work and I can use it as an Itouch with WiFi but phone functionality seems to not work at all. Disappointed to say the least and would appreciate any help.If it is not appropriate to ask here, could someone point in the right direction on where to go to ask? Probably need to speak to Comex or Dev team and hopefully they will read this.
  • da beast
    da beast Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    yes of course it is vunerable, if you can download malicious software to the iphone, which the comex did created a version of jailbreak to be done so on the ios 4.3.3. Then it shows that this 4.3.3 ios firmware is not that safe. So yes even if you jail broken it with Redsnow, do install pdf patcher.
  • chicken george
    chicken george Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    have i done something wrong?my iphone 3GS wont show up on itunes (10.3.1 I think)? now. was showing up fine 2days ago. any reasons why. help me plz
  • miki
    miki Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i have ios 4.3.5 can i jailbreak it yet i can downgrade as i am a retard can any1 help
  • buster
    buster Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i have a iphone4 4.2.1 allready jailbreak with geenpoison. work finei need install the pdf patcher2 from cydia to safe and security or this its only for iphone jailbreak in 4.3.3?thankd
  • Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress
    I installed the PDF patcher and it removed my cydia icon but left my jailbreak how do I recover my icon, I have tried reloading cydia but won't allow it, please help
  • larry G
    larry G Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i have an iphone 4 with 4.3.3. i used JBM 3.0 and everything seemed fine. However, when i go to install an App, either in cydia or app store, the moment i touch "Install", the app screen crashes and disappears..now back to home screen..any ideas? i have **** also installed, same thing cannot install apps.larry G'lg69hydros@gmail.com
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Hey this happened to me. All my AppStore apps would open an crash. I did some research and fixed the problem. U prob already fixed it or restored by now but all u have to do is hook ur phone to computer, run iTunes, then under view or file(one of the top choices in iTunes I forget sorry) it will say deauthorize device. Do that. Than authorize ur device right after that. Than sync, and bam ur apps will work. Idk why but it works. GL