TouchFree - GUI based Tool to JailBreak iPhone Firmware v1.1.2 Released

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageTouchFree - GUI based Tool to JailBreak iPhone Firmware v1.1.2 Released

Conceited Software has just released an updated version of TouchFree, a GUI based tool to JailBreak the latest iPhone firmware v1.1.2. It hasn't taken too much time for the iPhone hacking geniuses to release a JailBreaking method for iPhone firmware v1.1.1. However, there is a catch to JailBreak firmware v1.1.2...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Bourne
    Bourne Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

Great! Now I just need anysim and I'll update :)

• Tony Nguyen
    Tony Nguyen Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Just to let people know, part of the instructions is to use iNdependence to "kick the iphone back" to the home screen after restoring with 1.1.1..

From what I know, iNdependence is only for macs, for windows users, you can use iBrickr 0.91 to do this also.

so instead of using iNde, you can plug in the iphone, boot up iBrickr and use the first option that says "just boot my phone up" which turns the phone red and will soon "kick out" the screen in about 2 mins.

Enjoy :)

• Steen Rabol
    Steen Rabol Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Don't trust it to work 100%
    I did use the OktoPrep before I upgraded to 1.1.2, but TouchFree did not work.

Btw. the 'only' language I can select after the upgrade is English-US. English-UK, German,French, German and Italian. No Danish which was my reason to try the upgrade :-(

• ByronTodd
    ByronTodd Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Worked great for me. Just make sure you read the "README.txt" file included with the TouchFree download before you precede.

• andrew ruddick
    andrew ruddick Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

can someone just confirm for my peace of mind that there are no obvious benefits for 1.1.1 users? Thanks!

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

If my iPhone is currently unlocked using AnySim v1.1 running FW 1.1.1 will upgrading to FW 1.1.2 lock my phone?

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

I am in the same situation as Andrew. I wanted to upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 from an unlocked (AnySIM v1.1) iPhone. Thank You very much!

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

hi,can anyone tell me how to get my iphone to work after it locked trying to download the 1.1.1

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey Steve & Chris,

You guys might be interested in reading this article:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/11/firmware-v112.html

However for your benefit here is the information you are looking for:
    Users are reporting that the iPhone is again locked after the update and there is no news of unlock yet from either the iPhone Dev team who have been bringing us the free method of unlocking the iPhone or iPhoneSIM free who have brought us the not-for-free unlocking method. So I guess the message is quite clear if you have unlocked your iPhone, updating your iPhone to v1.1.2 will result in it being locked again.

cheers!

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey Andrew,

Please refer to this article for more details on the features rolled out with firmware v1.1.1:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/11/firmware-v112.html

You should be able to make the decision based on that information.

cheers!

• Andy
    via Wordpress

hi,so is there any software that will unlock it cos all it says is to put a unlocked valid sim in.itunes recognises it but says that it may be damaged and not be able to provide a service.has this happened to any of you or is this a dead ,un-savable iphone.i need help as i am new to all of this
    thanks

• andrew ruddick
    andrew ruddick Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

cheers for that. Shall watch this space. We do need a flash plugin an ability to receive picture messages. Hopefully this comes later.

• Refurbished Test Equipment
    via Wordpress

It's always nice to see things such as this come out. It gives companies similar to mine something to repair when users take it amongst themselves to "fix" something that isn't broken.

Good luck... Hope it works well!

• Fernie
    Fernie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

One ofthe coolest apps !

Radio streaming with your iphone one of the coolest apps made yet this is awesome nonstop music lots of stations, go to your iphone apps and look for "iradio" ......
    check it out!!!!

Fer

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

I have no updated my iphone yet since i'm not very interested in what the new update has to offer, The international keyboard released in the Installer is way more better than the one apple released.

Anyway is it my understanding that the anySim 1.2 released a couple of days ago by Elite team won't work on firmware 1.1.2? Anyone tried it yet because i'm reading here that there is no unlock for it yet

• Andy
    via Wordpress

hi,every one,i have managed to get itunes to recognise the iphone,i've pressed the restore button and when its finished its saying it needs a valid sim,so i still can't do anything with the phone,any suggestions?

• Andy
    via Wordpress

hi,well nothing seems to be working,one minute itunes is saying to put a valid sim card in to activate,and the next time it says it could be damaged and unable to be activated for service,so beats me guys/HEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!

• Mickey3390
    Mickey3390 Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

For those of you that have an issue with I tunes asking you to install a valid sim you will probably have to reverginise your phone and reinstall everything up to 1.1.1 then unlock that and wait for the sim unlocker for the 1.1.2 then reverginise again and install up to the 1.1.1 firm wear and then upgrade to the 1.1.2 and unlock from there. That is if I am reading this right sounds like you have tried to upgrade an unlocked phone (bad idea!!) you have to first re verginise it then upgrade it then unlock the phone but there is one catch you can't do that yet cause there isn't a sim unlock for the firm wear 1.1.2 yet so gust read the above and go back to the 1.1.1 unlock with any sim and wait. I hope that helped you guys all the info you need is here on this site. Best Regards W

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress

Does anyone know if this will work with a UK iPhone?
    As the UK iPhone has base band 04.02.13_G & a different boot loader to the US iPhone.
    I did manage to Unlock the UK iPhone at 1.1.1 with base band 04.02.13_G when I downgraded it but due to the base band etc I couldnt use AnySim.
    Ive already taken the phone back twice & got a new one so unless I know it def works I dont fancy trying to blag a new iPhone again.

• Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

hey i was recently messing around with my unlocked iphone and decided to uninstall this application and my phone did the usual when i uninstalled a program but this time it got stuck uninstalling it… stuck for like 10 minutes. i finally gave up and held the home and the power button to reboot it. the thing then got stuck in the booting screen and wouldnt turn on. and after trying to reboot it like a million times i finaly gave up and decided to restore it in itunes. anyways it maid me upgrade to V1.1.2. I did that and the phone still works. so basicly i have been trying to downgrade it to V1.1.1 to get all my stuff back and every time i try to install the v1.1.1 firmware it comes up with an error and then it makes me reinstall v1.1.2 . am I downloading bad firmware or is my iphone bricked to where I cant downgrade back to v1.1.1? I tried two v1.1.1 firmware versions one from you guys and the other from ipodtouchmaster and neither worked they came up with different errors though. Any suggestions?

• prime21
    prime21 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It won't even allow me to restore my phone to 1.1.1. It gives me an "unknown iphone error, can't be restored." help!

• aubrey
    aubrey Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

@ pete

I've had the same problem. Supposedly when you flash back to firmware 1.1.1 and you get the 1015 error you are supposed to put the phone in restore mode then run iNdependence (the 1.3 version) because i was running iNdependence 1.25 and the phone was crashing iNdependence!

Best of luck and hopefully this works for you I am going to try it today.

• DIY
    DIY Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

If you're having problems with 1.1.2 I found out you do not need to flash the baseband. I upgraded to 1.1.2 straight from 1.0.2 (since 1.1.1 would not work for me!)

I used oktoprep on 1.0.2, and it worked great! Basically the same instructions as the standard method, but minus the baseband steps.

I've been using my 1.1.2 phone for a while now, and i've had no ill side effects from the process.

If you want to see exactly what I did I put some very easy instructions with links to firmware and such in my blog. Though i've already told you everything you need to know.

I do NOT know how well it works on phones with alternate sims since my phone is legit, but it never hurts to try! :)

Ps. @ Greg

Try uninstalling and then re-installing itunes. I had the same exact problem, and for some reason this fixed it. Makes itunes re-analyze a phone since it thinks it's new? I don't know, but it worked, and that's all that matters!

Happy Hacking!
    Tabz

• Tyson
    Tyson Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

OK.. I have T-mobile service and i want the Iphone.. How do i go about hacking the Iphone to use it..? and i heard there will be no internet and some other features is that true..?