Apple To Launch 'iPad HD' With Retina Display; Redesigned iPhone 5 This Fall?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple To Launch 'iPad HD' With Retina Display; Redesigned iPhone 5 This Fall?

Folks at This is my next report that Apple will launch a new iPad along with iPhone 5 later this fall, but it won’t be iPad 3 as some reports have suggested.

According to This is my next’s sources, Apple will unveil a new iPad for the higher end market, which will be dubbed iPad HD and will sport a double resolution screen (2048 x 1536) compared to iPad 2.

This is my next reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• RelicS13
    RelicS13 Posts: 74
    via Wordpress
    hope this is true I've still yet to invest in an ipad
  • Woodlandstar
    Woodlandstar Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    I'll be gutted if they release an upgraded iPad 2 in the same year. I purchased my iPad 2 last week, and also having an iPhone 4, the iPad resolution is a little weak visually. I didn't think they would be releasing a new version so soon though, or I would have waited! People update there phones regualry with new contracts, but iPads are definitely not going to be replaced as easy.
  • Nice
    Nice Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    Its only a HD screen nothing major, but I will still probably get it and as for the iPhone 5 I hope it has a whole new design ! I feel as if I had my iPhone 4 for too long (July 2010) •_____•
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    Double the resulution = half the speed!This is why Apple say it's not a replacement for the iPad 2, rather a pro version for non gamers perhaps?
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    Yeah was hoping to get a ipad for christmas and would be great if it was HD :D
  • Lavender
    Lavender Posts: 130
    via Wordpress
    What about if the ipad HD is significantly more expensive than your ipad2? Will you still feel bad?
  • Cooper
    Cooper Posts: 144
    via Wordpress
    I love the iPhone 4 design. I could see if it were the same but thinner or a larger screen but a total redesign makes no sense.
  • you know
    you know Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    i wont be buying either, apple are bringing out new models way to quick there milking it like nokia did for years and looks what shape there in nowadaysand the new models are less than 10% better than the last model and ios i never really see anything useful in the updatesi hope somebody brings something out better than the iphone
  • Dempa
    Dempa Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    The resolution is not 'double' but four times higher. 2*2. I love my ipad1 and skipped the ipad2 but would most probably get the ipad2 HD
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    *Feels like throwing gas on the rumor fire* i herd that this will have native support for phone calls via bluetooth and flash in safari only. :D
  • Shrivatsa
    Shrivatsa Posts: 97
    via Wordpress
    i doubt this is true. Making developers reprogram [textures etc] for such high resolution without advance warning (even the usual month that apple gives) is IMO not what Apple does. Also, I'm sure there is a severe performance hit if the same hardware runs that screen. I don't think a PowerVR 543MP2 can push out so many pixels without major performance hit. I'm pretty sure they will upgrade the hardware as well...which for all practical purposes is a replacement to the iPad 2 (let's call it the iPad 2S). I am pretty sure they won't have both the iPad 2 and this rumoured iPad 2 "HD" in the market at the same time.
  • Woodlandstar
    Woodlandstar Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
  • Dont Bite the Forbidden Apple
    via Wordpress
    Pro version for the iPad means Pro version for iPhone as well? Theory would give credibility to a cheaper iPhone coming- an iPhone and an iPhone pro?Hardware wise- other brands are still far more advanced.
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    I tend to agree that this is probably not going to happen. People are so wrapped up in the idea of having these high resolutions without thinking of the consequences. If they are going to release a higher resolution version it's better for us developers to have double the reolution so that Apple can hardware scale existing programs rather than having to rewrite existing code.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Hogwash, Apple is not launching anything of the iPad this year.
  • -X-
    -X- Posts: 64
    via Wordpress
    Are you kidding me??? Seriously how spoiled are you?? I've had my 3GS since it came out. And juuuust now, I got the "time for an upgrade" bug. And the i4 ain't it. The only thing an i4 can do better is a lil more speed and retina screen. Oh but what about the flash. I'd rather spend $50 on a case for 3GS that has an LED flash and recharges my phone than fork out another $200 for an i4 and be forced to lock in for 2 more years. And FaceTime? Yeah...I can do that too.
  • maniac
    maniac Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Another bullshit about new iPad:) OMG... Steve himself said "Year 2011 is the year of iPAD 2" !!!!so STFU about any new iPad for sake of humanity!!!!