App Store With More Than 425,000 Apps & 15 Billion Downloads Turns 3

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApp Store With More Than 425,000 Apps & 15 Billion Downloads Turns 3

It has been three years since Apple launched its revolutionary App Store for iOS devices.

Few days back, Apple announced that more than 15 billion apps have been downloaded from its App Store by the more than 200 million iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users in 90 countries.

Apple also revealed that there are more than 425,000 apps in the App Store, including 100,000 apps for iPad and Apple has paid developers of iOS apps more than $2.5 billion.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Yeah buddy
    Yeah buddy Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    haha steve jobs said **** hehehehe
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    And that is the reason why App Store is No 1
  • Zolk
    Zolk Posts: 184
    via Wordpress
    Seriously, what is it with the numbers thing? Does anybody have a use for 425,000 apps? Can anyone even be bothered to *look* through such a huge amount of apps to find the best one?How come there are so many apps, yet I can't find a free one which replaces the functionality of the ipod app on my iphone3gs to give me the ability to play more audio and video codecs (all in the one app) and allows me greater access to id3 tag data .... maybe ios5's ipod app will give me these features.
  • Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    Because of iTunes... duh... If it works with iTunes, you can sync it..Or hell, get programming, the API aint too hard to understand... AND you get the pre-release builds :)