iOS 5 Beta 3 Brings Performance Improvements, Additional Location Controls, Voice Roaming Toggle & M

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiOS 5 Beta 3 Brings Performance Improvements, Additional Location Controls, Voice Roaming Toggle & More

Apple has just seeded iOS 5 beta 3 to developers of iOS Developer program for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple TV 2G.

It hasn't taken much time for folks at It’s All Tech and Cult of Mac to discover the new changes and improvements in iOS 5 beta 3.

Here is a list of the changes and improvements discovered in iOS 5 beta 3 so far:

Performance improvements:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Utente-a-caso
    Utente-a-caso Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    "Music app gets a new Store button, which will take you to the iTunes store."This was in beta 2 too (at least on the iPad)
  • Gabe
    Gabe Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Sherwood ringtone was in the iphone text tone, is this a ringtone for phone calls as well???
  • Wtf
    Wtf Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    Is that it?Apple needs to step up there game.For once they will be behind in technology.Android advantages that make me jealous.4G3DVoice text entryLarger screensReal WidgetsReal animated wallpaperDrag and drop music syncing USB portHdmi port
  • Wtf
    Wtf Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    Typo-*Their before the spelling Nazis crucify me
  • matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress
    It's definitely faster. I like it so far. I'm glad they didn't revert to the old beta 1 style Notifications.
  • Foogayzi
    Foogayzi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Ummm this OS related.. Not hardware related. Things like 4G and 3D and bigger screens aren't just going to magically appear when it's a software update. So when you say "that's it?" and "step up their game" it's sort of ignorant. If you want an android go get one.
  • Steven M
    Steven M Posts: 114
    via Wordpress
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    These are some awesome features, hope it comes to iPod 3
  • Apple fan boy
    Apple fan boy Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    I agree with WTF. He is just stating his opinion on what should be available on the iPhone overall. It has always been the best phone on the market until now. If Steve knows what's best, he would go ahead and step up the design now. I WANT THAT 4 INCH RETINA SCREEN. 3.5 INCHES JUST DOESN'T CUT IT. Competition from HTC and Droids have caught up. After all, this is the first time in history an iPhone didn't release in the summer.
  • nuff already
    nuff already Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    I'm on the same page as these dudes. iPhone has always been ahead of the pack but its seams to be an even if not a loosing playing field these days when it comes to technology. No andriods will start to boast unlocked biOS that will make it even easier to root/jailbreak their devices. Lets see apple match that. Just so you know, i've been an iPhone ONLY user since day 0, currently on 4th gen and counting.
  • Tbv
    Tbv Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    I would like to see a 4 inch display on the new iPhone 5 and more RAM (1GB?) besides the A5 dual core processor. Love the speed of my wife's iPad 2 with the A5 processor compare to my iPad and both of our iPhone 4's. I am not interested in IOS 5 until there is an untethered jailbreak for it in the final release. Otherwise, I am sticking with IOS 4.3.3.Android have many new great hardware offerings, but their battery life still sucks. I tried Android(Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S, but went back to Apple, due to Android's poor battery life and operating system crashes.
  • wierdo
    wierdo Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    all of the awesome features come to the iPod 3