iOS 5 Beta 3 Can Be Jailbroken Using Redsn0w 0.9.8b1; But App Store Apps Are Not Working

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiOS 5 Beta 3 Can Be Jailbroken Using Redsn0w 0.9.8b1; But App Store Apps Are Not Working

iOS 5 beta 3 that has just been seeded to developers of iOS developer program can be jailbroken using Redsn0w 0.9.8b1.

iPhone Dev team had released Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 for Mac and Windows for iOS beta 1 for developers of jailbreak app developers so that they can test and debug their jailbreak apps and tweaks on iOS 5.

After upgrading your iOS device to iOS 5 beta, the trick is to point Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 to iOS 5 beta 1 firmware file to jailbreak it.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Kitkat
    Kitkat Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    downloaded beta 3 and itunes beta and although i was able to put 5.0 beta3 on my iphone4, i could not activate it. I did the procedure with the 3 finger swipe, was able to get in, but was unable to activate and redsn0w was not able to recognize any of the 3 different ipsw of beta3 that i downloaded, so reverted back to 4.3.3 and re-JB and restored... Will wait for prod version.
  • Medic1
    Medic1 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i believe apple has already seeded an anti jailbreak measures into the appstore apps. I recently updated my TimeWarner app on my iPad runing a jailbroken 4.3.3 firmware, and after upgrading it and trying to run the app, it gave me a message stating the app was not meant to run on a jailbroken iPad and to connect to iTunes and restore to an unjailbroken state. I wonder if all apps will be updated the same way.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    So now **** anymore.
  • Sedrick
    Sedrick Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    Skype did the same thing a while back but was still working so it's not new that Apps are able to check if you have a JB phone or not.Despit the fact tha it sucks, I do not see Apple locking Appstore for JB devices. I would actually promote **** or alike application to spread more into the JB community as a reaction.Also Android would then be the next move.... not good for Apple.I would say that decision as been made by the app developers to lock JB devices for their sole app.
  • Thomas
    Thomas Posts: 125
    via Wordpress
    If AppStore apps are not launching, does that mean that **** apps would work?
  • Sedrick
    Sedrick Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    I'm not doing **** so I can't tell ...Just giving a theorical point of view :-)
  • MK
    MK Posts: 64
    via Wordpress
    This is a step by step tutorial to Jailbreak your iOS Beta 3.Follow these simple steps to jailbreak on an iOS device. http://techflipper.com/jailbreak-ios-5-beta-3-on-iphone-4-3gs-ipad-ipod-touch-with-redsn0w/