Step-by-Step Instructions to Downgrade iPhone Firmware from v1.1.2 to v1.1.1 Published

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageStep-by-Step Instructions to Downgrade iPhone Firmware from v1.1.2 to v1.1.1 Published

If you had not read my article All That You Need to Know Before You Update to iPhone Firmware v1.1.2 and are regretting about upgrading your iPhone firmware v1.1.2, then here is some good news. The good folks @ Hackintosh forums, have posted instructions so that you can downgrade your...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Shawn Korin
    Shawn Korin Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that the new baseband will not work on 1.1.1, and since it doesn't seem that 1.1.2 can be jailbreaked or activated, those of you who upgraded to 1.1.2 and now have bricks (or semi-bricks if you downgraded to 1.1.1 and can not use phone functions) will have to restore the baseband. Here are the steps and the rar file includes everything you will need, except for the 1.1.1 and 1.0.2 firmware files, which can be downloaded below:

1) If on 1.1.2, You will now need to go into restore mode on the phone (Hold both buttons, then let go of the power button when the phone turns off and keep holding the home button for a few more seconds, until iTunes says to restore) and downgrade using SHIFT-Restore to 1.1.1

2) When in 1.1.1, You will now need to go into restore mode on the phone (Hold both buttons, then let go of the power button when the phone turns off and keep holding the home button for a few more seconds, until iTunes says to restore) and downgrade using SHIFT-Restore to 1.0.2

3) Jailbreak and activate the phone using WINSTALLER (open WinstallerGUI.exe and click on activate)

4) Install Installer.app using WINSTALLER by clicking on 'Install Application', then selecting the Installer.app folder

5) Run Installer on your phone, (update if necessary) and install Community Sources (from Sources), BSD Subsystem (from System) and OpenSSH (from System) in that order.

6) Using WinSCP, connect to your iPhone (user: root password:dottie) and upload:

ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    iEraser
    bbupdater
    secpack
    secpack.bin

to /usr/bin on your iPhone.

7) Using PuTTY, connect to your iphone (again user: root pass:dottie).

Type in the following: (pressing the ENTER button after each line)

launchctl

unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

Now type in:

cd /usr/bin

chmod +x ieraser

chmod +x bbupdater

ieraser

bbupdater -v

At this point bbupdater will return saying that it could not ping the baseband. This is good and means it was successfully deleted.

8) Overwrite with the new baseband by typing in the following:

bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep

It will run its course. When finished type in:

bbupdater -v

It should tell you that you have modem version 03.14.08_G.

9) You will now need to go back into restore mode on the phone (Hold both buttons, then let go of the power button when the phone turns off and keep holding the home button for a few more seconds, until iTunes says to restore) and using the SHIFT-Restore method, restore to 1.02.

10) You can now restore to 1.1.1 and use the *#307# method and jailbreakme.com to unlock.

11) If you unlocked using AnySIM, you will need to reinstall it (In installer.app, add 'i.unlock.no/' (make sure to include that last slash) to your sources, and then you will have a new category called unlocking tools, in which you can install anysim, but make sure to install BSD subsystem again first!

1.1.2 Baseband Downgrade Pack:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/68819542/112downgradepack.rar.html

1.1.1 FW:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-3883.20070927.In76t/iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw

1.0.2 FW:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-3823.20070821.vormd/iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey Shawn,

Thanks a ton for the really detailed instructions for the readers.

On behalf of the readers, we really appreciate sharing them here @ iPhone Hacks.

cheers!

• dustjacket
    dustjacket Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It's sat eve 6:30 nyc time- I just had the 1.1.2 update forced on my iPhone- I had jailbrekme'd a week or so ago- when I put the phone in it's stand tonight iTunes came up with a window for the iPhone with no tabs that said "an iPhone had been previously synced with this computer" like duh, also, all the content turned yellow in the capacity bar in iTunes. It prompted me to restore my back-up.. then it said it couldn't restore the back-up and that I needed to do a full restore, and of course update to 1.1.2.
    Dang, I didn't think just plugging it in to the computer would force me into the update.
    F'n apple! How you kill me.
    Thanks for the battery icon on my itunes window... dicks..

• Shawn Korin
    via Wordpress

Thanks for the support...

It seems that this method will also work to help people who purchased phones in the UK (with firmware 1.1.2 and the new baseband) to effectively downgrade to 1.1.1 with the 1.1.1 baseband, which will allow them to unlock their phones and install 3rd party apps, much like the US iPhone. It seems that the upgraded bootloader of the UK phones makes no difference.

• Shawn Korin
    via Wordpress

NOTE:

in the instructions above, step 7 should read

chmod +x iEraser

and not

chmod +x ieraser

The upper case E makes a difference.

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

are we right then to assume that apple can force us to upgrade our iphone's via iTunes or do you think that the earlier post was a flukey one off

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

I used the baseband downgrade procedures here. Just have to say thanks. Worked like a charm. One thing I did have to do different however, is i just used xterm downloaded from the installer program on my phone instead of using Putty. Thanks again for a splendid walkthrough.

• Jackie Myers
    Jackie Myers Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Sorry in advance for my sorry tale, I purchased a 1.1.1 in the States last week, unlocked it with jailbreakme, I came back to the UK and when I plugged into my pc (vista) it upgraded to 1.1.2 and has been reset to factory settings, I have downloaded 1.1.1 to my desktop and tried to reinstall via itunes with the hold down shiftkey method I get the error message at the end which I belive is normal I know I have to run something else to kick the phone out of this mode, but I don't know what I have to download (running windows) where to download it and how to run it the instructions above are very clear to someone who knows about this but I don't, I managed the unlock as this was very simple to follow after all the hard work people had put in to make it so, please if someone has the time could they talk me through this in very basic terms especially the part about running the file after the itunes error code, I know I am being dense but I really don't know how to get files onto my phone, do I do it through shiftkey like downloading the firmwear, apologies for this very long plea for help

Jackie

• Gazza
    Gazza Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Has anyone done this procedure with a 1.1.2 UK iphone ?

I only have a Mac so could I use iNdependance instead of WINSTALLER ?

What would I use instead of WinSCP & PuTTY ?

• Edaurdo Romero
    Edaurdo Romero Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i'd tried upgrading my iPhone hack whit appSnapp and installed OktPrepp before upgrading, i upgraded my iPhone and after it was done my iPhone was lock, lather i tried to downgrade it using a similar guide than this one and it work but the modem firmwire of the iPhone was 1.1.2 aldo the firmware was 1.1.1 it did not let me instal AppSnapp on it, so in other words if you upgrade your iPhone to 1.1.2 your iPhone will become a Brick please help me i tried evrything and nothing works

• Eduardo Romero
    Eduardo Romero Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

it work only one time for me downgrading my iPhone originally whit 1.1.1 firmwire and prepare it to upgrated tu 1.1.2 and after that it was lock once again i downgrade it and it work the screen of emergency call of the 1.1.1 firmiwire but i could not installe the AppSnapp. if you donwgrade your iPhone go to General and check on about normal iPhone 1.1.1 firmwire 1.1.1, modem Firmiwre 04.01.13_G and an iPhone upgraded whit 1.1.2 and lather donwgraded to 1.1.1 Firmiwre 1.1.1 modem firmiwre 04.02.13_G so even if downgraded your iPhone Still will be unlock unless you Virginized it but it didn't work for me

• aalanskrazyworld
    aalanskrazyworld Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

mmm well i updated my phone by accident and well now am trying to downgrade it!!! i tried following the steps but when i restore to 1.1.1 almost at the end the was an error and i had to restore back to 1.1.2 if anyone could help me downgrade it hit me up!!! at aalan@aalan.net or aalanskrazyworld@yahoo.com thanks!!!!

• aalan
    aalan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Edaurdo: as far as i know after you downgrade to 1.1.1 the phone will still prevent you from installing appsnapp you have to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2!!! look it up!

• dominick
    dominick Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Going to buy a new Iphone today, dropped mine and broke it. Will it have the 1.1.1 firware installed, or will it have the 1.0.2? If it does have the 1.0.2, can I upgrade only to the 1.1.1 and not the 1.1.2? Im in the united states.

• aalanskrazyworld
    aalanskrazyworld Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

ok... so after you go to the process of downgrading firmware comes an error i think is "error 1015" or something like that... you have to kick your phone out of that mode by opening wiNstallerGui.exe which comes in the package that shawn provided once you open that app hit activate and it'll kick it out of that mode!! I tried it and it work... now in my case i went through the this process but i cant go past step by step 7 if anyone knows how to hit me up at the usual aalan@aalan.net or aalanskrazyworld@yahoo.com thanks!
    aalan

• rotten apple
    rotten apple Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Does this method work if I have an "out of box 1.1.2"? it should have a differnt bootloader BOOTLOADER_VERSION:4.6_M3S2?

please advise...

• alanpoullis
    alanpoullis Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I am in canada I porches an iphone from USA and want to unlock 1.1.2 can any buddy help me please

• Philip
    Philip Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

how do u connect to iphone using WINSCP??

• Arup Choudhury
    Arup Choudhury Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I had a working iPhone v1.0.2. By mistake I upgraded to v1.1.2 and got bricked as usual. I followd this guide to downgrade version and baseband to 1.0.2 and it worked fantastically. Thanks a ton. I have been struggling for the last 3 days.
    Then I used the iUnlock software to successfully unlock it. I am in India and use a Vodafone SIM currently. Thanks again for the great post

• The Chad
    The Chad Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I am having trouble getting to 1.0.2
    I downgraded to 1.1.1, but the baseband needs to be downgraded to jailbreak, Shawns steps are great, but what if an unknown error (1) comes up and you can't restore to 1.0.2?

• craysupercom
    craysupercom Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i still have v. 1.0.2 , what is the best way to update to 1.1.1 without losing my hacks, and were can i download 1.1.1 because itunes is forcing me onto v. 1.1.2

• craysupercom
    craysupercom Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

or can I use oktoprep on v 1.0.2 to prep for 1.1.2

• Darrell
    Darrell Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Hi, I'm having problems downloading the 112downgradepack.rar from rapid share. Does anyone have an alternate link for that?

• Magnum
    Magnum Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Hi, can Shawn or anyone help? I managed downgrading to 1.02 all the way to step 7. I couldnt type in "cd /usr/bin". Gave an error.. and now i cant seem to log back in. Typed in "dottie" for password but access was denied. Any help would be appreciated!!

• gwarax
    gwarax Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi am gwarax and i wanna buy an iphone that works can someone just link me to where i can do so?
    Gwarax

• tim oconnor
    tim oconnor Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

does anyone know how to make the internet work with a different carrier?

• Ralph
    Ralph Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

I have the 1.1.2 version, apple made me upgrade after i used the jailbreakme on my phone,

i used the link http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-3883.20070927.In76t/iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw to downgrade the phone, i had the phone erased completley, then I tried to restore using the ZIP file, but the computer showed me an error message "as expected" but Itunes tells me to restore all my information again as well as with version 1.1.2.

is there another way to do this or can some one give me some pointers as to why this is not working?

• Malik
    Malik Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Hi guys,

I have an iphone which came with firmware 1.1.2 when I purchased it. Using this above method I was able to downgrade it to 1.1.1 and jail break it. I did not upgrade back to 1.1.2 which were the last steps.

Now I wanna know what do I need to do to use any other carrier like Tmob or so, basically how can I unlock this feature. Thanks!!

• raj
    raj Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

I unlocked the iphone when it first came out. I am still running 1.0.2. What is the best way to update?

• Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress

i have a 16gig phone now with 1.1.3 out of the box how would i down grade? i have tried to down grade but i have an error and says my phone cant be restored can some oen help