iOS 5 May Add Bluetooth Support To Apple TV 2G

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiOS 5 May Add Bluetooth Support To Apple TV 2G

Folks at 9 to 5 Mac report that they have discovered references in iOS 5 beta, which indicate that Apple could add Bluetooth support to Apple TV 2G that was launched last year.

Apple TV 2G comes with a combination of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth chip, but the Bluetooth functionality is not enabled currently.

9 to 5 Mac reports:

Apple is positioning this bluetooth support mainly for keyboards, but perhaps the bluetooth Apple TV will be able to connect to bluetooth iPads, iPhones, and iPod touches.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Charlie
    Charlie Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    I see the potential of other Bluetooth devices (ie controllers), but that is premature wishing until Apple TV 2G gets an app store, of course someone could be mirror a game from ipad 2 and control from another device, which i think is rather cumbersome, and probably not apples plans.Apples plans must be to use Bluetooth for external controllers for games and keyboards for internet browsing and social networking.But It's strange to me that nobody has mentioned the obvious and immediate feature for bluetooth... Duh watching TV with a wireless headset. (My wife would love that feature.)
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    That's true, we've updated the post to mention it.
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    My sentiments exactly reguarding the bluetooth headset omission. Guess we're so used to apple's history of innovation, we tend to lose sight of the obvious applications. Come to think of it, since the hardware's already in place, why haven't they implemented this feature already, its not like its going to be ground breaking its only standard bluetooth. More of a standard feature than and extra.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Can we install games on Apple TV? And use bluetooth for multiplayer?
  • -X-
    -X- Posts: 64
    via Wordpress
    No...simply because Apple TV doesn't have sufficient built in memory. And even with an external HD, I doubt it has enough processing power to run good games. If gaming is your concern, get a MacMini.