All That You Need to Know Before You Update to iPhone Firmware v1.1.2

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAll That You Need to Know Before You Update to iPhone Firmware v1.1.2

I had reported earlier today that iPhone and iPod Touch firmware update v1.1.2 is available, however it is not automatically available using iTunes and the only way to update to the new firmware is to use the restore option. However, before you update your iPhone to the latest firmware it...

Read the full story here

Comments

• bleh
    bleh Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

so curious to hear if downgrading firmware works!

• waqar
    waqar Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

i am using firmware version 1.0.2 and using it outside USA. since i bought it only 2 days ago i am not familiar with the upgrading process. just want to know that from where can i upgrade it to version 1.1.1 and would i be able to use any sim in it or not. PLease email me the answer if possible

• loujob
    loujob Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

what are you talking about? the elite dev team have already posted an unlock method and a seperate jail break method is on the installer app.

• Onslaught
    Onslaught Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

STOP announcing the new hack methods and techniques. I am pretty sure Apple is holding the release of 1.1.2 until the hack community announces a hack for it. They will patch it and then put 1.1.3 in our faces.

Keep it quiet! :)

Onslaught

• polo
    polo Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Dear mates, i'm very sorry and ashame for this questions, but i just bought the iphone in Hong Kong (actually i'm living in China) and after read all teh related report, i'd like to know which application can be used (and how install them) in my iphone which has 1.0.2 firmware version
    Thanks for your support....

• Kimmie
    Kimmie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I bought my unlocked iphone about a month ago, not knowing very much about it. I am using my T-mobile sim card. It has 1.0.2 firmware version on it. I am not familiar with the upgrading process, and the benefits of it. Can someone help explain this to me? What are the benefits of upgrading? What can/can't I do on my phone? Also, I tried adding songs on my phone through itunes, and the songs did not go through to my phone. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

• nation
    nation Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have a hacked (not unlocked iPhone) using AT&T, and have not made any changes or updates to the phone since before 1.1.0 supposedly turned iphones into ibricks. Do I still need to worry about my iPhone freezing? I'm willing to lose my apps for now, someone PLEASE just answer a yes or no whether I'm at risk of creating an ibrick if I upgrade the firmware.

THANKS!!

• Steen Rabol
    Steen Rabol Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

The firmware that you referrers to, does NOT contain, Danish, Finish or... Language!

• Mickey3390
    Mickey3390 Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Just a silly question I have firm wear 1.1.1 and have used the appsnap method to jailbreak and install the installer app I have installed BSD subsystem the nes emulator and several roms and several other applications I have not unlocked my phone as I am on ATT is there any programs that I should worry about before I upgrade to the new firmwear? Or is there any thing I should do first like restore or something? I just don't want to brick my phone. The reason I ask is I can uninstall everything except BSD Subsystems and was wondering if that would cause me an issue when I upgrade? Thanks and great site. Best Regards W

• Mickey3390
    via Wordpress

Oh yea you also can't uninstall the installer app these two just give the option to reinstall. Anyhow thanks fro your help and providing such a great site. Best Regards W

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey Mickey3390,

If you have only hacked your iPhone then the latest firmware will not result in bricking your iPhone.

So far we have seen reports of iPhones being locked again only in cases where the iPhone was unlocked.

The issue with the latest firmware update with regards to hacked iPhones is that all your third party iPhone applications like Installer app, NES will no longer be accessible.

However this is based on information available so far and I haven't tried it out to confirm either way.

cheers!

• Mickey3390
    via Wordpress

Great Thanks for the fast response. Best regards W

• Charlie
    Charlie Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

Same case as a lot of people, I'm using the iphone outside USA with firmware 1.0.2. For obvious reasons I would like to upgrading up to 1.1.1 (so far). I don't have clear de process (and not yet better) the result of that, and if it is worth it or not (because so far I'm very happy with what I have right now)

Thanks for any answer in advance..

• sadiphoneuser
    sadiphoneuser Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Need help. I had my phone unlocked with the (old version)and used tmobile, then switched to ATT yesterday. The att guy downloaded the new version of the firmware and locked my phone. Screen shows "incorrect sim, insert an unlocked and valid sim to activitate iphone". Itunes also states requires a password. Any idea how to proceed on this?

• markertratto
    markertratto Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

am using firmware version 1.0.2 and using it outside USA. since i bought it only 2 days ago i am not familiar with the upgrading process. just want to know that from where can i upgrade it to version 1.1.1 and would i be able to use any sim in it or not. PLease email me the answer if possible

• tonik
    tonik Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

unlockin my iphone