Apple Fixes Untethered Exploit In iOS 4.3.4; So Don't Expect Untethered iOS 4.3.4 Jailbreak To Be Re

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Fixes Untethered Exploit In iOS 4.3.4; So Don't Expect Untethered iOS 4.3.4 Jailbreak To Be Released Anytime Soon

iPhone Dev team released Redsn0w 0.9.8b3 for iOS 4.3.4 to jailbreak iPhone, iPadand iPod Touch.

But it supports only a tethered jailbreak, which means that you need to connect your iOS device to the computer on every reboot.

Read the full story here

Comments

• -X-
    -X- Posts: 64
    via Wordpress
    What still amazes me is the amount of people that are terrified to JB their iPhones because of "voiding their warranty"...and then there's the ones that are brave and actually do it, but...forget to change that Alpine PW or add proper resources. Although Cydia does recommend to change Alpine PW, they should also show step by step what additional securities should be installed in order to have JailBroken iPhones work properly without issues.
  • wisdom
    wisdom Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Sometimes we wonder *WHETHER* Apple.(Spelling error)
  • Zolk
    Zolk Posts: 184
    via Wordpress
    There is no removing of piracy for jailbreaks. A "please don't" statement neither stops people nor gives Apple any motivation to allow for jailbreaks. Even if jailbreakers implemented their own prevention measures, well, that'd be like jailbreaking to break into a different jail. And Apple wouldn't be having that either.The only case we can make (that Apple could consider) is for Apple to take a more backseat role in the management of their ios ecosystem. They can prevent piracy and malware, but otherwise they should approve all apps - and they shouldn't take a cut of the profits, maybe just a fixed approval fee, and/or higher promotion of apps whose developers pay additional fees.However, why would Apple want to do that? They've got this gravy train all stitched up!Mobile telephony is a major infrastructural backbone of a modern society and economy. If Apple's ios ecosystem ever became a supermajority and became a de facto standard, then we'd be in the dangerous situation of having a major piece of infrastructure and its governing standards within the total control of a private corporation. And our fees could be considered as de facto privatised taxes!But relax! That's not going to happen, because there are multiple competitors in the market out there! Facebook probably came closer as the de facto social networking standard for the world (and it's a totally private unlisted company), but I think that won't happen since its popularity has plateaued in its more developed markets.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Corrected, thanks for pointing it out.
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    Still waiting unlock lol don't really care a new jailbreak
  • Elim
    Elim Posts: 59
    via Wordpress
    Still happy with IOS 4.3.3 on my Iphone 4, 3GS and Ipad 2. No need to upgrade at the moment. Tks Comex and gang.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    This was to happen. Since iOS5 is around the corner no point working on a jailbreak for this.
  • zoxxx
    zoxxx Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    And here we go agean :) prob will bi out for one year :)I will drive 4.3 thx 2 Comex and after that bye bye iphone .Life is just 2 short .
  • Thomas
    Thomas Posts: 125
    via Wordpress
    Is it mean, we can't have untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 ? So annoying...
  • darren Ward
    darren Ward Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    @i0n1c IS NOT A IPHONE EXPERT AT ALLREAD UP ABOUT HIM THIS POST IS VERY MISLEADING HIS OLD UNTETHER DOES NOT WORK BUT THIS DOES NOT MEAN THATS THERE NOT ANOTHER HOLE TO EXPOILT ALL THIS POSTS MEANS IS THAT @i0n1c AS NOT FOUNT ITIF COMEX WAITED FOR 4.3.4 HIS JAILBREAKME WOULD OF WORKED SO @i0n1c WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUTPLEAE STOP TWEETING CRAP
  • Dale T.
    Dale T. Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I stupidly downloaded and installed 4.3.4 on my iPhone without even thinking about there being a jailbreak for this, what was I thinking?How do I downgrade or go back to iOS 4.3.3?
  • Oussamento
    Oussamento Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Same for me , please can anybody tell me how to go back to iOS 4.3.3 ?
  • Oussamento
    Oussamento Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    By the way I didn't take the backup of the SHSH blobs fortunately :(
  • tan
    tan Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I guess I am going Droid..... Shame, I love my iphone...jailbroken and untethered.
  • RR
    RR Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    How to use shish blobs if went to 4.3.5? Backed up with tiny umbrella but not in itunes.
  • ZZ Top
    ZZ Top Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Apple are greedy faggots and so is At&t
  • Dtm
    Dtm Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hey guys, my iPad 2 3G is currently running iOS 4.3.2 and I was wondering how to update it to 4.3.3 so i can jail break it..? ( the current iTunes update out is 4.3.5 and I know not to update to that)
  • Albert James
    Albert James Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Guys, I stumbled on something magnificent today. I have an iPhone 4 which gave me a pretty hard time. It was previously running 4.0.1 and 1.59.00. I tried to update it to a custom 4.3.3 firmware (I have SHSH blobs saved for 4.2.1 and 4.3.3) The restore process completed successfully but upon a reboot, the phone went straight into DFU mode. I tried several times with 4.2.1 both custom and stock firmwares but nothing changed. I couldn't get it out of DFU mode no matter what I did. As a last resort, I updated to stock 4.3.5 firmware but that process also failed before it even got to the end. Out of desperation, I tried jb-ing with Redsn0w 0.9.8b3. That one didn't complete either. It crashed (with the spinning wheel) while custom bundles were being installed. I did a hard reset and it went straight to recovery mode (finally) - something I hadn't been able to do in 2 weeks! I used iReb to kick it out of recovery and voila! I got to the 'Connect to iTunes screen. I checked the firmware version with i-funbox. I got a shocker - it was jailbroken on 4.3.5! I checked with TinyUmbrella. Another shocker - the baseband version stayed at 1.59.00. I was going to try downgrading to 4.3.3 and so I rebooted it. And this was my greatest shocker - I didn't have to use Redsn0w to boot tethered! Could this mean that I stumbled on the first untethered jailbreak for 4.3.5? I don't know exactly who to go to for this.