App Developers Pulling Their Apps From US App Store Fearing Lawsuits

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApp Developers Pulling Their Apps From US App Store Fearing Lawsuits

The legal tussle between App developers and patent trolls doesn't seem to end. The newest addition to the list of patent trolls is Kootol, an India based company, which has sent legal notices to a number of companies including App development firm Iconfactory - developer of Twitterrific - a popular Twitter app. Kotool software claims they infringe on a US patent for Twitter style real time feeds.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Amrit
    Amrit Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    thats just terrible..
  • Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress
    The world is truly becoming worse by the minute. Get a real job and make an honest living and sleep easier at night. As far as I can see they seem to just be getting a free ride out of other people's work
  • Lenka
    Lenka Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I think the rules about patents should change. Companies shouldn't be able to come back at any time and say they want a patent for something that has been widely used for an extended period of time. You either get a patent when you think of something or shortly afterwards, or you think it's not worth the time and money. Even if something was solely their idea, companies shouldn't be able to wait if it will succeed on the market and then claim a patent and money from everybody else.
  • Kwambus
    Kwambus Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I think software patents kill innovation, in the UK and EU we simply don't allow software to be patented. I don't see it causes us any problems at all.It's a shame that the USA amongst a handful of other countries allow them.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    This is really sad and bad. Hope Apple does something.
  • Your momma
    Your momma Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    I guess developers need to start getting patents.
  • purplemaize
    purplemaize Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    It is alway good to back yourself off with a priviat patient so nobody can sue you personally. I have 2 private patients on my ideas already so nobody can sue me.
  • Mr.garnica
    Mr.garnica Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
  • theblackest
    theblackest Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    The ease to which patents is granted within US and few other countries without prove of concept should be question by the public and the law.I believe, companies trying to get an easy ride in the UK as well as Europe, would be in for a surprise; a battle they cannot win as a law of common sense exist which protect the individuals and not just those with wealth.
  • Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress
    That's probably why the UK innovates us with their awesomeness.Oh wait, the UK doesn't invent anything the rest of the world wants anymore.
  • Gort
    Gort Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    As far as I know, the US is the only country that allows software to be patented. It is not allowed in Europe. European developers cannot be sued for patent violation if they don't sell their apps in the US. Isn't that the whole point of this story?
  • BryanH
    BryanH Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    >>>European developers cannot be sued for patent violation if they don’t sell their apps in the US.Really, so a European developer could write a Windows-like operating system or a clone of Apple's OS and not be sued? That's really amazing! Very unlikely, however.
  • mickey
    mickey Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Serious patent reform is soooo overdue, it's killing the small business startup and big corps alike just for the selfish and totally shamless enrichment of folks that do nothing useful for society, they are just parasites! It's time for patent office to step up to their responsibilities and retract any meritless patent like 1 click purchasing or some marketing concept or a simple ck, pinch to zoome, or a patent on retrying to send a msg from a server and issue patents to real discoveries rewarding hard work not trolling!!!!! And any one sitting on a patent but not making it available as products should loose the patent after 1yr if unable to prove it's close to coming to market (exempting those stuck in approval loops like FDA drug testing). Yes it's not easy but we can't continue to kill the small business with near threats of lawsuits!!!!
  • Kwambus
    Kwambus Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    You sir are quiet obviously an idiot. Where did I say that we innovate more than anyone else? However, if you wish we can pick out leading UK innovators from many of your top US companies, let's start with Johnny Ive.