Is Android Losing App Developers To iOS?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageIs Android Losing App Developers To iOS?

There is no denying Android's huge growth in the past year and a half. With each iteration of the OS, Google has fixed bugs, introduced new features and tried to make Android better. But unfortunately because of Google's reliance on middlemen like carriers and hardware manufacturers to deliver updates, many phones still run older versions of the OS despite the source code of the latest version out in the open.

Read the full story here

Comments

• invetalcom
    invetalcom Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    That's not surprising. I used to like android, I almost prefered it to IOS, but as time goes on, Android is getting more and more unsecure and confusing. I actually don't like it anymore. There are way too many devices with different hardware out there, which makes it too difficult to publish a good, nice looking app, which works on all devices.
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    android to many device running the os no support, some high end divces only getting 1 update, not all apps work i hate android gives open source a bad name.....got to the point people are hacking there android device to run ubuntu or other os....
  • Puff Daddy
    Puff Daddy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Never liked android. If I was gonna leave the iPhone I'd get a windows phone. The sense of security is just not there with android.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Yes it is because Android is fragmented.
  • Chenghung
    Chenghung Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Iphone is make more for gaming as it only target the iphone,Itouch iPad. But after 2years, most games are not able to be played on your device. (I think that this is because the standard of gaming for iphone is getting higher annually.) This is one problem my Ipod 2g is experiencing. Talking about android app promoting, the Android market have the 'just in' section for ppl to see if any games is to their liking. In addition, due to android openness, there are alternative markets which recommends popular app.
  • Jong
    Jong Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Yap that is true. it's very difficult to use the android and of course iOS still the leading.
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    True die hard programmers like myself want to use real programming languages like C++ and not Java! We didn't spend years learning this **** for someone to come along and force us into using an inferior language.
  • Hiral
    Hiral Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    one of the reasons why people choose apple over another other is cause of 1) simplicity2) apps3) GUI is much better 4) hardware (battery, camera, display are much better)5) fame/reputation (apple lovers)
  • Shalashaska
    Shalashaska Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    well android is doing the same thing microsoft was with windows.depend on hardware from manufacturers and tailor one OS for all devices...sounds good in theory..thatll work for only so long..
  • Larry Boy
    Larry Boy Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Why do so many Marines drive Ford Mustangs?