iPhone Firmware Update v1.1.2 Tomorrow (Its Confirmed)

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Firmware Update v1.1.2 Tomorrow (Its Confirmed)

Last Saturday I had reported that folks at T3, who had a chance to play around with the to-be-launched tomorrow UK iPhone had claimed that the iPhone firmware update v1.1.2 was indeed official and could hit us as early as Nov 9th when the iPhone gets launched in UK. We...

Read the full story here

Comments

• iROn Cutter
    iROn Cutter Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Will owners of the hacked 1.1.1 can upgrade to the new 1.1.2 in the near future?

• Alex Arroyo
    Alex Arroyo Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

ok so basically when the new 1.1.2 comes out. the one touch method is useless right? but what if i don't want the installer and wanna update do i just do a factory restore? but would that brick the phone? and whats is better do you guys think just waiting to see when you guys make a new one touch method again ?

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey iROn Cutter,

You will be able to upgrade to v1.1.2, even if you have hacked your iPhone OS v1.1.1.

The best way to go about this would be to restore your iPhone to factory settings using iTunes and then update the firmware to v1.1.2.

cheers!

• iPhone Hacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Alex,

AppSnapp, the single-click method to jailbreak the iPhone makes use on the TIFF exploit (security flaw) to jailbreak the iPhone v1.1.1, however once the iPhone is jailbroken it fixes the security flaw. Since firmware v1.1.2 is expected to fix the exploit, AppSnapp will not work on firmware v1.1.2.

If you have hacked your iPhone then firmware v1.1.2 is not expected to brick your iPhone, however as mentioned in my last comment, the best way to go about this would be to restore your iPhone to factory settings using iTunes (I have tried this couple of times on my iPod Touch and it works) and then update the firmware to v1.1.2.

I would also recommend that you stay tuned here at iPhone Hacks to understand the impact of firmware v1.1.2 before you try out anything just to be sure.

As for the single-click method for firmware v1.1.2, I just bring you the news and information on the iPhone, the credit for all the hacks and apps goes to the iPhone hacking and development community and based on previous experience it is quite likely to see a single-click method even for firmware v1.1.2 from them.

cheers!

• Sam Weiss
    Sam Weiss Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Does anyone know if the update will be released to iTouch users?
    ---
    I wonder if the same symlink exploit used when upgrading from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 would work from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2?

That would be an easy jailbreak for those upgrading.

• iPhone Hacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Sam,

In all probability the update will be for iPod Touch as well as there is nothing to distinguish between iPhone OS v1.1.1 and iPod Touch OS v1.1.1.

However, there has been no news on that so far to confirm it, but it is safe to assume that iPod Touch users will get the update soon as well if not the same day (i.e. tomm).

cheers!

• Alex Arroyo
    Alex Arroyo Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

ooh ok. thanks for the advice. i think for now ill just keep the version 1.1.1 for now until i they get a new hack for 1.1.2 thanks again and this is the best site for iphone information i recommend this to everyone thanks iphone hacks.

alex

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

Do you think that the people that had the iphone imported from the usa will be in the future able to change the firmware from the usa firmware to the more uk friendly 1.1.2 firmware from within the uk via itunes (then obviously another kinda jailbreak) will a firmware swap be possible from 2 different countrys?

• Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

I'm using 1.0.2 firmware and I jailbreaked my Iphone and I'm using AT&T. I just updated my firmware to 1.1.1 and my SIM is now locked and it asked me to update to latest itune and activate my phone (although I've been using my phone for 2 months now). I didn't restore my jailbreaked iphone to the factory setting prior to updating to 1.1.1. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? I hope I didn't locked my iPhone for good =/

Thanks

• Lumos
    Lumos Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

The New update is Here!!!! i just went to restore my iphone to factory settings and it offered me a chance to update to 1.1.2

• iROn Cutter
    iROn Cutter Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Thanks, This really helps. Will you be posting a DIY on how to update hacked 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 when it's tested/ stable? I think this would be nice to see so we wont "brick"it..=) BTW, I really like what you guys are doing here..great info.

• Jake Fields
    Jake Fields Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

1.1.2 is out, i just sync'd up and it is downloading right now. 11:00PM pst
    I know 1.1.2 has been leaked thru the UK, but i'm thinking we're in for an easter egg tomorrow.

• loujob
    loujob Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

If you want the sites I got them from or need information installing them just email me at loujob@gmail.com

• bleh/boorah
    bleh/boorah Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey,
    Just wanted to thank iphonehacks.com, very much. I was shocked to read this article and see that you had read my questions and even included the answers to them in the article itself. Thanks a lot guys, you are doing a great job keeping me and others informed. I appreciate it!