Top iPhone App: Updated Google Reader Mobile for iPhone Now Even Better

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageTop iPhone App: Updated Google Reader Mobile for iPhone Now Even Better

Google Reader Mobile ranks up there as my top iPhone Application, I just love the ability to read feeds when I am on the move. Google has just rolled out some new features for Google Reader Mobile with some additional changes especially for iPhone and iPod Touch users which should...

Read the full story here

Comments

• loujob
    loujob Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

the best iphone app is vnsea version .5, which is a vnc client that works with windows and macs, and even works well over edge. http://code.google.com/p/vnsea/ or you can get it from the installer app. They just added zoom, pan, keyboard, f10, right click, and ctrl and other features. So, it's pretty neat. Access your computer from anywhere.

Then there is apache, which is just like dottunes, but free and actually works for me unlike dottunes. But apache allows you to access pdfs, word docs, rtf, music and videos from your iphone and from any computer actually. It supports byte range request or whatever so the tracking works as well. The version you use on your phone can be used to view offline files stored on your iphone through your safari on your iphone.

Then there is the fireflymedia server app or service that you install on your iphone and it allows your phone to popup under network shared libraries under itunes. So you can stream music from your iphone to any itunes computer you are sharing a connection with.

Then their is Megui which has an iphone encoder profile. In my opinion and all of my friends, this programs encodes is much better than imToo and the others. But its customizable and takes a little bit of know how to use.

PDFviewer is another one. I've stored atleast a gig of pdfs on my phone now. I have scientific american, fortune magazine, popular science etc etc. Everything shows up. The pictures the text. Its amazing.

These are my top applications besides summerboard.

If you want to find out more about them. I'll check back here later.

• loujob
    loujob Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I dont think i was clear

Apache allows you to access any file stored on your computer from your iphone.

And if i had a mac i would have probably added telekinesis to the list.

and megui is used for most h264 and x264 encodes, not just iphone in the underground scene.

• meow66meow
    meow66meow Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Hello,
    I am a regular reader of iPhone Hacks (although I don't have an iPhone - still a bit skeptical) and just like to complement you on the new header of the website. Looks a lot neater. Since I don't have an iPhone I can't tell you which one is my favorite... but I think I'd like Google Reader a lot. I'd be able to read all the latest iPhone Hacks news on the go! =)

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

loujob,

Thanks for sharing your top iPhone Apps, I will have a look at them and try and review them here at iPhone Hacks.

cheers!

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey meow66meow,

I am glad you liked the new logo along the navigational menu as much I had working on it.

It was on my to-do list for way too long, the older logo just didn't fit in with the rest of the site and was taking a lot of space at the top.

The menu was also important for readers convinience point of view and should make navigating through the site that much more easier.

Your feedback and suggestions do matter a lot.

cheers!

• meow66meow
    meow66meow Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

The more I look at the new logo the more I like it! I can't get over how much better it looks!

I can't wait to read the reviews about the apps that loujob has posted. They sound very interesting.

• Azam Zaki
    Azam Zaki Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I rather wait for what Android is going to offer :)