HTC Open To Cross Licensing Patent Agreement With Apple; Lot More Disputes To Come With InterDigital

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHTC Open To Cross Licensing Patent Agreement With Apple; Lot More Disputes To Come With InterDigital's Patents Up For Sale

HTC's CFO Winston Yung has indicated that the Taiwanese company is open to talks with Apple regarding their patent dispute. Apple had recently scored a victory when the International Trade Commission had ruled in favor of Apple, and held HTC guilty of infringing two of Apple's patents. HTC on the other hand managed to snap up a company named S3 Graphics Co. for $300 million, which owned patents (related to graphics) that Apple violated.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BigBossSnake
    BigBossSnake Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    Even though I am an iPhone and an iPad user, Apple disgust me in suing companies and using lawsuits to get to other competitors. Apple, please don't go spoiling your image as this just shows how pathetic you guys are in terms of being threatened by other companies which are slowly rising up (what a bunch of pus*ies you are Apple). If you are afraid, have a competition! Not going down with Lawsuits! I am going to sell both my iPhone and iPad and get a Galaxy Tab, and a HTC phone.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Get a life dude, do u know wot ur talking. Wen u work for a company u will realise that u put hours in R&D and companies like Samsung come and copy your design and UI how it feels!
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    apple 100% in the rite, I agree its horrible when some 1 steals your work after you spent 100s of hours designing summit
  • code
    code Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    You have to realize that: *Apple has infringed upon other companies' patents too. *The other companies only countersue apple. *Just because someone has the same or similar technology, does not mean they stole it, they could have developed it at a later time. *Patents slow down the progression of technology and wastes money. How? Companies aren't allowed to develop what are already patented. *Without patents, phones and other devices would be much better and even more amazing. *Think of it this way, if someone patented the first line production car, then we would still be driving in the Model- T Fords. If someone patented the cell phone, we would still be using "suitcase phones". *But we didn't patent those, or canceled those patents. And look how far we got: Touch screens, face recognition, instant messaging, LED/LCD screens. *Without patents, every company would have a fair competition. They would have to implement the newest technology in every phone! That means that the junk phones of today would not even exist! Or even the Iphone, the smartphone of today, may be a junkphone! Because phones missing vital features would not have progressed this far. Imagine, no patents. Think of the possibilities. Every phone would have a front-faced camera (which is pretty old, korea already had them, and apple said it was a revolutionary thing), Amoled Screens, Touch screens, 10 megapixel camera with 7x optical zoom, and even a intel core duo processor, all at the least!
  • LOS1NeR
    LOS1NeR Posts: 32
    via Wordpress
    Hey, "Big Girl" stop bitching and switch already faggot.
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    What the F**k? Everybody else is Doing it to apple so are they supposed to just sit back.
  • Andy_TW
    Andy_TW Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    That's the rules of the GAME!! No big deal!! What I would concern about is, can I get a smarter and cheaper device after all the battles.
  • Jesus
    Jesus Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    You're not going to, Andy TW. Someone has to pay for their legal fees ... and it's you and I and all their other loyal customers!
  • god
    god Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    i'm so gonna sue those who clone animals and human beings. those are my designs. oh wait... i forgot to patent them. lucky you...