iPhone Hackers Release Updated Version of AppSnapp - Single-Click Method to JailBreak iPhone OS v1.1

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Hackers Release Updated Version of AppSnapp - Single-Click Method to JailBreak iPhone OS v1.1.1 Gets Even Better

When I had tested the initial version of AppSnapp, the Single-Click method to jailbreak the iPhone & iPod Touch v1.1.1 which also installed the cool Installer App, I had got it to work after a quite a few attempts. When it works you appreciate how easy it is to jailbreak...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Leon
    Leon Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

If my iphone has OS 1.0.2, how would I be able to use the current version od AppSnapp?

• thehitman
    thehitman Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Wondering that too Leon. Is jailbreaking necessary for 1.0.2, and if so how do I do it?

• Dannyone
    Dannyone Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I'm on 1.0.2 through AnySim. To upgrade to 1.1.1., do I need to:
    a. 're-virginize' though the Ellite iPhone Dev Team's revirginizer program
    b. hack to allow Safari browsing
    c. use AppSnapp-single-click method

Am I correct, and if so, is a. the best method for revirginizing, and how can I do (b)- activate Safari on a re-virginized phone?
    Thanks-

• hard
    hard Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Dannyone: You get to emergency calls, tap *#307# and call. Then delete these numbers and dial 0. Answer, then decline, then you go to contacts. You add a contact with two urls: One, prefs:// and the other http://www.google.com and save it.

Taping the first one you'll be able to join a wifi network and insert a password if necessary. Then you can press home and dial 0 again. When you go to the contacts again, tap on that contact google url and safari opens and loads that site.

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey Leon,

The answer to your question is no, as AppSnapp currently supports only iPhone OS v1.1.1.

cheers!

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey Dannyone,

As for (a) Re-Virginizer Tool from the iPhone Elite Dev Team is currently the only option available as far as I am aware. You can read this post for more details:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/10/re-virginizer-1.html

"hard" thanks for helping out with (b).

cheers!

• Jon
    Jon Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

Just thought I would say that this work Flawlessly with my brand new Touch. Not a problem.

• Dannyone
    via Wordpress

Thanks. Looks like the re-virginizer steps are for Mac and not PC. Plus, the instructions were in a language I couldn't quite follow at my level :) I may have to wait a little further for an easier updated version. Thanks for the helps!

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress

how do i update if i have old installer v3.0b8?

• Calvin
    Calvin Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Hi, I m currently using the latest iPhone v1.1.1 I try to use the Appsnapp but nothing happens. Safari just keep crashing. There are NO installing indication of any kind. I waited at least 15minutes and must have try to install 20-30times. PLs help I really want to jail break the phone for all those cool applications.thank you in advance for your help.

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

For Dannyone

There is an step by step on www.iphone-hacks.com which is very easy since you will just have to run it on your phone after installer in on, i'm sure that will help because i have done it for about 7 people and it was very easy.

For Calvin

there is a little catch to this jailbreak the first time, even though my worked the first time, i had to do it a couple of times for other people. The thing is, like its been said many times in many post if safari crashes and you don't see anything happen, you will have to restart or reset your phone and try again. If safari doesn't crash when you try again which happened to me then you will have to restore with itunes and so it all over again. You can also check on http://iphone.unlock.no for a good guide.

For me

I restored my phone and used the updated AppSnapp and i didn't see the progress as it said, safari crashd and it restarted but the only difference was my youtube work right away unlike the old AppSnapp where i had to install the youtube fix. Great job to the hackers and please let the donations flow, they are doing a wonderful job which could have cost us all a lot of money.

Also i have seen that the UK version of iphone has firmware 1.1.2 a pic of ABOUT under Settings was showed which says 1.1.2 but it would have been nice if the whole screen was showen so we could also see if the modem firm is still 04.01.13_G or is changed, If anyone has info on the please let me know. Thank you

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

i have an unlocked iphone with v 1.0.2, there is of coarse the occasional safari and ipod crash but overall its working good...i dont kno if i should upgrade or just leave it the way it is? has anyone noticed good improvements with v1.1.1?

• Dannyone
    via Wordpress

Laurnzo, the step by step revirginizer you mentioned, is that the one using iPhoneSimFree and do I need to purchase license for this to work? Hit a wall half-way through. Thanks. Dannyone@gmail.com.

• Dannyone
    via Wordpress

HELP!
    Used AppSnapp on 1.1.1. But during the process, I think my phone shut off. Stupid me! I didn't see any status bars. Now my phone is:
    1. Not unlocked
    2. YouTube not working
    3. iTunes not working
    4. But see the Installer icon on home screen
    5. Able to slide and inter the home screen

Bottom line, I'm just semi-unlocked but not the whole way.

Any ideas I can undo the whole process and re-do?
    Thanks in advance for any advice!

• Dannyone
    via Wordpress

Please ignore above. iPhone hacks, can you delete my note above? Sorry.

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

Help Please---problems with crashing

I am running 1.1.1 - and used the 1 cluck jailbreak - which worked great.
    Prior to the jailbreak did a restore to get a clean install.

Anyway- ever since the jailbreak my iPhone crashes constantly.

I have even restored and re jailbreaked still after running g normally system profesms ( safari / iPod / text / direct matter eventually my iPhone crashes?? Always goes back to main screen.

I have heard to install the bsd subsytem - still crashes.

So I have two questions - is there a fix?
    is anyone else having this problem??

Please help

• mrocean
    mrocean Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

To Dannyone I have been having the same problem the app keeps on crashing I've installed the BSD system and no matter which I install it and run 3rd part apps it is constantly crashing regardless of the program. Even when I start safari now the bookmarks page comes before I can enter a URl address. The phone has become very unstable and I can't seem to find a fix for the problem yet either.

• Rich
    Rich Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

I installed the one step appsnap from jailbreakme and it installed so I thought but I have no app burton on my screen how do I access the program I can't find it

• Nev
    Nev Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi, I wonder if anyone could please help me. I bought my iPhone on the day of the launch in the States. Currently residing in South Africa, and my phone is unable to work. How do I upgrade to OS 1.1.1,so I can use the single click method? Currently iTunes wants to upgrade to 1.1.2. Thanks for a great site.

• Lee
    Lee Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

How do I unbrick an iphone updated from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 on an unlocked phone by mistake in the uk? any help or ideas much appreciated

• Travis
    Travis Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

I need help to find the fix for the 300MB Ipod after Jailbreak, I remember seeing it but can not find it now please help!

Thanks

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

I've tried to unlock my iPhone after upgrading it. I’ve performed a software downgrade but then the iPhone doesn’t come out of booting and I can’t put it into recovery mode anymore. Basically it performs lots of booting jobs but never finishes.
    Anybody an idea?

• Fingers
    Fingers Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

I tried it too, and had the same thing, just kept performing boot jobs, after seeing loads of files being written to the iPhone, it tries to reboot, then installs more files, this just goes on and on, but never actually does anything!
    I did manage to get iPhone into recovery though! Wait until the files have been written, then, quickly, before iPhone tries to restart, hold power and home button together, until screen switches completely off again, then let go of power button. do all this with phone connected, then open itunes afterwards! Hope this helps.

• tlmoon2112
    tlmoon2112 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

can someone tell me how you figure out what BIOS version your iPhone has? I won one in a contest and I'm considering hacking it up but I'm unsure where to start.

• Memenemem123
    Memenemem123 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

So does this not work with iPod touch 2.2? Cuz I'm trying to find a way to jailbreak iPod 2.2 from your iPod and I tried jailbreakme.com but it was 4 1.1. Do u have an update for 2.2 or know a site where I can do that?