Google Claims Apple, Microsoft Are Waging A Patent War On Android

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGoogle Claims Apple, Microsoft Are Waging A Patent War On Android

Google has finally voiced their "official" opinion about the ongoing patent suits that are targeting Android, directly or indirectly.  We had earlier seen comments on this from Google officials, but this is the first time that they have come out in the open and written a blog post on the Official Google Blog devoted exclusively to the ongoing slugfest.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Goodman
    Goodman Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Hi,If this is the case Android should not be using the technologies from other companies. Would google be OK if it hold most patents and Apple and Microsoft copied them? The Good had a change to buy a lot of mobile patents from Nortel's patent portfolio but it never. Why should Google spend money on patents when it can get phone manufactures to pay for it? If Google is not careful Android will end up more expensive than Windows Phone.
  • mineAREgrown
    mineAREgrown Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    This guy seriously needs to grow a set. What a crybaby.
  • Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress
    I love Google, but not Android. They revolutionized the internet. I think they will continue to do so for a while. MS and Apple are 100% correct here, stealing is stealing.
  • Nate
    Nate Posts: 58
    via Wordpress
    Did you see the update that addresses the Microsoft tweets/emails?http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/when-patents-attack-android.html
  • anakin
    anakin Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    You guys do know that this article is biased right? Little things like this: "The most important thing to take away from the post - Google is publicly acknowledging that Android's existence is in jeopardy if the patent scene doesn't change."..shows the bias a bit too much. There's absolutely *nothing* to assume that android's future is in jeopardy. (quite the opposite in fact when you realize that android phones are more sold than iphones since february and doesn't show any signs of slowing down) The patent wars has only begun and it will affect *everyone*. Google is simply stating how absurd the abuse of software patents have become.btw, the article doesn't mention that the first initial bid for the Nortel patents were 900M (from Google) not 4B. They were *forced* to bid higher thanks to MS,Apple,etc. The bid ended up to 5 times the initial amount.The article also does not mention that the department of justice has *forced* Microsoft to give a license of its patents to the open source community, as such move is “necessary to protect competition and innovation in the open source software community".Interesting that the DOJ didn't go after Apple. Or will they? Only time will tell as Microsoft/Apple/RIM are still under investigation for anti-competitive strategies.
  • RBL
    RBL Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    OMG I cant believe iphonehacks.com is still running!!! Does anyone understand what the word grammar is? Also have you heard of microsoft word? When they underline something in red, that means you cant spell for sh$t. When underlined in green, that means you're an illiterate redneck!WTF, this garbage is so hard to read with all the 3rd grade writing errors!
  • KillerPubes
    KillerPubes Posts: 50
    via Wordpress
    I like androids, one day they will have robotic pussies and can be made to look like Jennifer Anniston. I will make my Jennifer Anniston Robot Pussy Android cook me some food after wetting her interior.
  • Zolk
    Zolk Posts: 184
    via Wordpress
    None of this is going to stop me from getting an HTC Evo 3D next month!
  • Zolk
    via Wordpress
    NB- to replace my aging iphone3gs, which is going, quite well all things considered, with it's jailbroken, untethered, unlocked ios4.3.3 system.
  • Zolk
    via Wordpress
    Oops! Inappropriate apostrophe, I wish we could edit our posts!
  • jus-sayin
    jus-sayin Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    "btw, the article doesn’t mention that the first initial bid for the Nortel patents were 900M (from Google) not 4B. They were *forced* to bid higher thanks to MS,Apple,etc. The bid ended up to 5 times the initial amount."hmm exactly the point, they tried to get the patents and got out bided...... were offered the opportunity with MS and turned it down, probably because they thought they could have it all to them selves........... and now they got nothing they cry toooooooo baaaaaaaaaaad!!!!!!!!!!As said they give thier s/w for free so the handset OEM can pay.... why not they just saved a **** load on s/w development!!!!!!!!
  • hmm...
    hmm... Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • KillerPubes
    KillerPubes Posts: 50
    via Wordpress
    Robotic Pussies>AndroidsYou could even have an Android that looks like your Grandmother. Not sure if a robotic pussy would be appropriate on a Grannie Android. You'd have to WD40 it often to keep it operative.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Android seems to easily dominate!
  • rodebest
    rodebest Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    google has its set of patents just like htc and they only make a minor amount sue's against other company's. apple sues everybody for zero reasons.and btw, apple did not came up with most of those technologies they just patented them like multitouch and such.multi-touch was introduced by a university in the 80's not by apple.they are just a set of baby's who noticed the other ones get more candy (mobiles) so they start crying at mommy (patent wars)
  • DROID
    DROID Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Google knows they have everybody gunning for their Top Dog position. It comes with the territory when you're the Alfa Male already doubling up on your closest competitor.... Apple! The problem; Google is asking Apple and Microsoft from their vantage point so far atop the Smartphone Sales pack, "How High Can You Piss.... Biotches!!! ....w/o it coming back down and hitting you in your own face!" ;-p
  • DROID
    DROID Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    BTW.... Microsoft's Brad Smith should go back to school. So he can learn to tell the difference in spelling between Novell and Nortel! lol.....