Apple Won't Launch Low-Cost iPhone Until It Has A Category-Killer Experience

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Won't Launch Low-Cost iPhone Until It Has A Category-Killer Experience

Remember the rumored low cost iPhone, which was specially targeted at countries like China? Turns out it won't be just a toned down version of the existing iPhone, instead Apple has indicated that it will launch a low cost iPhone when it has a category-killer experience.

This piece of information comes from RBC Capital Markets analyst Mike Abramsky who had personally spoken to Apple's top brass - COO Tim Cook and CFO Peter Oppenheimer.

Read the full story here

Comments

Guest Posts: 44
    via Wordpress
    **** YOU APPLE! going to kill every phone out
  • SteveUnderhill
    SteveUnderhill Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Well i think its a great idea. People are all the same 'Idont want an iPhone, everyone has one' and then once they've got one its the best thing in the world
  • Zolk
    Zolk Posts: 184
    via Wordpress
    I actually feel this way now - there are at least 3 iphone4's amongst my work colleagues and even when iphone4s/5 comes out, I *do* want something different - and that's after 2 years of owning an iphone3gs (much improved since ios 4.x and due to still being able to jailbreak 4.3.3).In fact, I've never felt that my iphone was the best thing in the world, but it's possibly because of all the hype - I was in awe of anything my previous phone could do, because it was such a basic unit. With iphone3gs anything it doesn't do becomes a sore point and I take what it does for granted.Probably going to jump ship to HTC Evo 3D - I'm aware that I'm likely to find annoyances there too, so we'll see what happens when that 2 year contract expires in 2013... back to iphone6/7, or not!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    $500 wont come up so easy. Its still below 400$
  • NCTalk
    NCTalk Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I don't think Apple needs to change much to have a category killer on their hands. They already control access at large to music and videos. They already carry the most cutting edge apps. Their Achilles heal is their lack of a unlimited data plan through their carriers. Broadcasting through upstream is fun at home but the spoils go to the carrier that will let you broadcast from anywhere, at anytime without have to think about it. Whoever release a phone with all of those capabilities, with a carrier that can sustain users with unlimited plans, will control the market: period. It's notjust about the phone. What good is a computer with no Internet these days?
  • Bradley Kelly
    Bradley Kelly Posts: 26
    via Wordpress
    This is upsetting ):
  • sox2
    sox2 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I think it will be a killer.I buy two strait out, no questions ask.
  • Andi54
    Andi54 Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    It's really damn simple Jobs...Just give me a full flash browser so that I can have a full internet experience on an iphone, that the competition give me,and stop drip-feeding the technoogy with each release and make every feature as cutting edge as the price of the handset demands. Then I'll come back to Apple. If iPhone 5 is just an updated 4 after 15 months, I will laugh at the fanboys and Jobs will carry on laughing at his mindless sheep all the way to the bank!!!
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    Every time a mate of mine complains about not having flash on my iPad I show them THIS very site on a Motorola Xoom then on my iPad. Believe me, apart from Honeycomb being unable to render the plain HTML correctly (articles start half way down the page, top half blank) once Flash kicks in in becomes a jerky laggy experience which no one in their right minds would put up with!