iPhone Vs. Android: Battle Of The States

2»

Comments

• brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    Apple fits much better for the general public - Android gaves the user too much control and too many things can go wrong. Most important battery drain due to too many things running. I have a few friends who are normal users and their android phones are alway getting recharged due to crappy battery.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Android looks more dominant clearly!
  • quetimporta
    quetimporta Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I´m with you. I´ve had the two plataforms and i have to say that IOS is the best. I´m not saying that Android is a bad Plataform, it´s just that IOS is best. what do you think android freedom is leading?Malwares! you know that right now are identified many malwares on androids applications just because it is a Open Market, nobody is inspecting which aplication is published by which developer, and what kind of codes it has.Freedom can lead to Chaos, that´s why we have laws on our contries (Like Apple have on it´s plataform), to be organized! That´s why i love Apple, because it is ORGANIZED, it has it´s limitations, it´s rules to mantain everything in order.
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    @perry you are still talking mince, every tech forum I have been on has agreed with me, android needs to rethink wat there doing and start supporting older hardware and stop leaving it down to hackers/modders...as i said b4 dell streak and the older samsung tablet have not received a update...the amount of apps that are still unsuported on updated android os, than theres basic security flaws, atleast aple give you more than 1 update for a device,iv owned ios devices and android and out the 2 apple is better, you say you dont like closed os well iv looked at the legal documents for a android device and it clearly states that you will void your warrenty..exact same as apple, I will not buy an android device unless they fix there silly flaws, i wont buy a apple device because there so fecking exspenive,the reason im on the site as I like reading up on tech
  • Harry
    Harry Posts: 57
    via Wordpress
    I prefer android over apple due to more features and cost per phone. Ex: Infuse is $99 and the iPhone 4 is $149. Stupid price for less hardware. I still play with my iPhone for the games. Only reason.
  • android babbler
    android babbler Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Rob, HTC is now allowing current devices unlock their bootloaders simply of because popular demands (CEO confirming this on FB himself)... what is that mean is that modders and end users alike can mod their device or OSs they way they want. Google and HTC know that people buy Android because of that so now they re backing up their security flags (the OS system security flags) allowing this to happen... About security, Google is in control of what's going on.. Last feb-march Nexus S devices were hacked, Google detected it and release patches for those affected and devs were kicked out from the market(about 300000 approx were affected)... ABout older hardware support, manufacturers has a big say about it. Manufacturers (motorola, HTC, samsung, LG etc...) are the ones that decide to push the upgrade to the device or not, not Google!! (except for the Nexus series its pushed directly by Google)... Majority of devices in circulation (about 60% and +) are still running Froyo which is the last OS. It takes 3-4 months after Google's current release for them (manuf) to push the upgrade to the device. The decision comes from each single one of them,unfortunately. In addition, each have their own modded version of the OS like adding their own skins, appwares (which I hate) thanks to modding I can take them out to release more space on my device internal memory... Also Google release only the SDK (development tools), its up to the developer whether they want to push an app on certain OS versions, devices or not... Most of them gear toward the latest OS version. Believe me people don't even care whether they get access to certain app or not. it will eventually come out sometimes soon. One example is Skype, 6 months ago it was pushed to just one or 2 Android devices under Verizon, now its accessible to all Android devices no matter what carrier or region, just a matter of time...That s obvious that you re talking second hand experience.. If you've really owned both OS devices you certainly never use them to their full potential...
  • rat9
    rat9 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    My dual core atrix is more responsive and much more powerful than my room mates iphone 4. The Motorola sure doesn't feel as sexy as an iphone but my god I would never trade. While all of us engineers are sitting around loading custom roms and watching flash videos, the one guy with an iphone who got it free from work says my phone can't do that.If you want a sexy smartphone and have no interest in development, customization, hacking, or flash and need a fashion accessory more than a computer like my GF, then get an iphone.
  • aawara
    aawara Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i am completly agree with android babbler!!! he is true, iphone fans try to use android and than after write a comment about android!!!!!!