Nintendo Facing Intense Investor Pressure To Develop Games For iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNintendo Facing Intense Investor Pressure To Develop Games For iPhone

While there have been unofficial ways to install classic games like Mario and Zelda on your iOS device, Nintendo doesn't have any sort of presence on the App Store. The company made these sentiments very clear when Nintendo's President Satoru Iwata publicly stated that their games would stay on just Nintendo gaming devices.

This could change very soon. Bloomberg reports that Nintendo is facing increasing pressure from its investors to launch games for iPhone and other platforms.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Steve Wozniak
    Steve Wozniak Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Would not mind playing a little bit of Mario on my iphone
  • PkmnLover
    PkmnLover Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    OMG POKEMON black and white on iPhone5... Jizzed in my pants. I have now 3Gs w/ Pokemon, emerald, sapphire, ruby, leaf green, fire red, light platinum and all played soo many times
  • German Calas
    German Calas Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I'm surprised they haven't already made games for iOS. The portable gaming market is dying quickly thanks to the iPhone and Android making it a lot more convenient. I mean, there are obviously a lot more people with Smart Phones in their pockets than there are with Nintendo DS's and with the popularity and simplicity of some of nintendo's games - I'm sure they'd be a big hit on the iOS. Until they make that change and start developing for the iOS, we can expect Nintendo Portable Gaming to continue to lose traction and popularity and result in even bigger loses.
  • RelicS13
    RelicS13 Posts: 74
    via Wordpress
    i have all the pokemon games on my iphone 4 and would LOVE to have games like super dodgeball, all the marios, and zeldas, i just love pretty much all the nes classics!!!
  • Jonny H
    Jonny H Posts: 47
    via Wordpress
    Look man. I don't like playing any ROMS at all on the iphone unless Apple or another developer creates tactile feedback buttons with no lag. TACTILE FEEDBACK AND NO LAG I SAY!
  • Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    wouyld be nice but i agree with jonny or they create an attachment for old school nintendo controllers to use that would be sweet
  • Pegger
    Pegger Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Time for Nintendo to enter the Smartphone market :)Wouldn't mind a Nintendo 3D Smartphone to compete with HTC EVO 3D and LG Optimus 3D
  • A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress
    no 1 wants a 3d anything...
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    SO what are they waiting, just go ahead and develop it!
  • iCandDigThat
    iCandDigThat Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Nintendo believes it can't afford to license out its franchises because they're deathly afraid of becoming irrelevant in the hardware category. As long as you can't play Mario, Zelda or Metroid elsewhere then you'll be forced to buy Nintendo's consoles. It's a slippery slope; if they allow Mario on the iOS it won't be long before they'll be forced to yield to investors who want them to develop for Xbox and PS3. Sure, it'll create a spike in their stock in the short term but, in the long term, they'll essentially turn into what Sega became post-dreamcast. There's no way that Sega can compare their revenues from pumping out Sonic and Monkeyball games to Nintendo's revenues from making a product like the Wii. It is a shame though, i'd love to play Mario with Online Multiplayer using my iPad or Xbox Live.