Native iPhone MMS Application Released

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNative iPhone MMS Application Released

iPhone hacker, Tommy Svensson has released a native MMS application for the iPhone, thus addressing one of the major lack of functionality of the iPhone. Once installed the unauthorized native iPhone application will allow you to send MMS messages via your iPhone. You cannot receive MMS messages on your iPhone...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

I have been using this on the O2 network for the last few days and it works well

• fastdump
    fastdump Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

It seems a lot of people are having trouble, either with inputting the correct settings or because their carrier/plan may not allow MMS. My advice is to keep trying because it *DOES* work!

I got it working on my service with Vodafone Australia without a hitch.

Of course, this functionality *should* have come pre-installed and agree, it could be THE killer app if it develops further.

TIP: As far as I have tested, pictures arrive in 'landscape' orientation, even if you've taken it in 'portrait' on the iPhone. In other words, a 'portrait' photo will arrive at the receivers end on its side.

• Mickey3390
    Mickey3390 Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

dumb questiom but does the carrier charge you for MMS messages, I am on ATT. Just wonedring as I am new to the internet phone wireless messaging thing and have no idea how it works. LOL Any help would be great. thanks in advance and Happy Holidays....

• Distortedloop
    Distortedloop Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

Can't connect here on either of two proxies for ATT.

Doesn't excite me too much anyways...sending pictures on the iPhone isn't difficult with the built in mail client...it's the inability to receive an MMS picture that sucks.

• Bourne
    Bourne Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

Hahaha now the haters have been pwned. iPhone is still the godPhone.

• poetic_folly
    poetic_folly Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This can also easily be installed by adding the modmyifone.com/installer.xml source to your Installer.

Here is a link to the original story: http://modmyifone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20096

• Distortedloop
    Distortedloop Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

Okay, played with it some more, got it to connect to and act like it was sending two pictures via cingular proxy, but neither one went through.

I'll repeat my feelings that this isn't exciting news given the absolute ease of sending pics to an MMS phone via the built-in email that works, works reliably, and requires no hackery or set up dances.

Now, when (more like IF) these guys actually figure out how to let you RECEIVE an MMS picture on your phone I'll be the first in line singing their praises. I say IF, because I'd think that something on the server side decides that your phone can't get MMS and causes it to send that stupid viewmymessage text. Although I suppose some kind of query is sent to the phone along the lines of "what kind of phone are you?" and depending on the response the pic is sent or the alt; so maybe that can be tricked. Good luck guys.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

so what do i put in the settings
    I know in mmsc what about PROXY
    mmsc: http:mmsc.mobile.attwireless.net
    proxy: ?????????

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

by the way Im in US, California and i have ATT

• SIOM
    SIOM Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

All,

I can't get the MMS app to work. cingular is(was) my carrier and now I guess att. What are the settings, pls help..
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.attwireless.net
    proxy: ????

I get error "send failed" "could not connect!!"

does anyone have the settings?

• treschiq
    treschiq Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Tried setting up the proxy info for Rogers & Fido here in Canada. Turned off wifi and turned on edge and it did not work

ooh well. when is the 2nd update? Will be Great Application!!!

Sheryl

• Erik
    Erik Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

I have it installed no problem, but when I click on "File" and it goes to "Pick Image to Send" screen it does not list any photos?

If I click the "Pick" button it still does not do anything?

Please help!

• sung
    sung Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

All,

I can't get the MMS app to work. cingular is(was) my carrier and now I guess att. What are the settings, pls help..
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.attwireless.net
    proxy: ????

I get error "send failed" "could not connect!!"

does anyone have the settings?

• Luke Whittal
    Luke Whittal Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE MEN

• joel
    joel Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

do i need to have some kind of internet plan to be able to use this program i have tmobile by the way

• saiyam
    saiyam Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

The proxy setting on the iphone for tmobile is
    216.155.165.50:8080

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress

Must remember. if you are a AT&T NEW CUSTOMER/CINGULAR Customer you are concidered CINGULAR. not AT&T WIRELESS. that is ment for the "BLUE" At&t. for people who have "Converted accounts" from Dobson Wireless, Cellular One.. Remember, the name change to at&t is not AT&T WIRELESS. the CAPS makes a big difference. REMEMBER YOU ARE CINGULAR!

• BokiS
    BokiS Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

To everyone,

Even though I have known about this app since it came out, I still have tried EVERYTHING to get this awesome app to work. For anyone who is on the ATT network on a 1.1.4, please help me out. Maybe a tip or a hint..anything!

• Codymcdonald
    Codymcdonald Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I have the mmsc and the proxy for at&t/cingulart but i still need the apn, username, and the proxy. When I try to send an mms i get this message that says "Possible incorrect mmsc setting. Unexpected http response(HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden)"
    WHAT THE HECK MAN???

• Drew
    Drew Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

You know what's really sad?

None of this hacking should be necessary in order for the iPhone 3G to do what every other BASIC phone can do!

I need to be able to send AND receive MMS pictures and that is why I'll be giving the Blackberry Storm a real close look when it's released this Friday, November 21st and tell ATT and Apple to go screw!

• icaro
    icaro Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Graças ao tvhd.com.br a Sky nunca mais vai ver a cor do meu dinheiro