McAfee Threat Report: Android Sees 76% Increase In Malware Threats; While iOS Remains Unaffected

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageMcAfee Threat Report: Android Sees 76% Increase In Malware Threats; While iOS Remains Unaffected

AppleInsider reports that according to McAfee Threat report - Second Quarter 2011, Apple's iOS has remained unaffected by malware in the second quarter of this year, while Google's Android has seen an increase of 76% in the number of malware threats compared to the first quarter.

In the first quarter, Android was the third most targeted mobile platform and has now jumped to the top position in this quarter, followed by J2ME (Java 2 Platform, Macro Edition).

Read the full story here

Comments

• fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    This is classic example of why Apple keeps iOS so closed!
  • iJohn
    iJohn Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    Hard to argue with that point.
  • Apple Fanboy!
    Apple Fanboy! Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I like to hear what all you "open system" android people say now. Apple has a way of laughing last.
    Guest Posts: 44
    via Wordpress
    I guess mcafee doggy apple all nigt. While Android refused to be gay and got a bad pass.
  • Thd
    Thd Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    No asshole...Apple does a good job of screening what goes into their appstore they are not perfect but they understand that a malware app can affect the eco- system world wide and Google does not police the Android market that good either maybe thay should protect all Android users before playing with Motorola phones
  • WikoSiko
    WikoSiko Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Lol you have an Android xD
  • DreadullyJoli
    DreadullyJoli Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Yup, this is one of the pros to a closed eco-system (protecting fools from malicious software), and all the malicious programmers are flocking to where it is easier to release their shadey programs. But get off your high horse iOS users(I use a 3Gs), Windows is notorious for its malware/viruses/etc. but guess what, there are very MANY users that can go years with out ever encountering any malicious software, because they aren't stupid and know how to avoid that stuff. Stop being incompetent users and you will never have to worry about getting anything stolen, or a system/device crippled.
  • unreal
    unreal Posts: 51
    via Wordpress
    It's very difficult to protect a system from ignorant users. Flexible and secure are nearly opposites.But, as android takes over more market share, it's bound to be more targeted (a'la Windows which is, in many ways, more secure than OSX these days - and annoying to use. See how that works? :)I use IOS, droid, OSX (MacOS before that), *nix (including *real* ones ;) and (rarely anymore) Windows. I've used every version of each of those. I did security research, malware analysis, and countermeasures for years on all those platforms. (paid cracking and hacking)Personal "best practices" keeps bad stuff away. Simple, easy, and effective. There's nothing inherent in the OS's (for the most part) and the idea of "ecosystem" safety is a thin veil.IOS can be cracked just as easily. The vectors are just not as obvious.McAfee makes its money by selling software to scared ignorant people. You should take their reports with that in mind.
  • moe
    moe Posts: 158
    via Wordpress
    get an iphone and you dont need to worry about anything. the phone will just work.