iPhone Accessory: Pogo Stylus claims to do away with Awkward Typos

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Accessory: Pogo Stylus claims to do away with Awkward Typos

It is not very often that I write about an iPhone accessory, however this one did get my attention and thought you folks might be interested in checking it out. The iPhone accessory is the Pogo Stylus from Ten One Design which features an ultra-light aluminum body with an anodized...

Read the full story here

Comments

• dennis
    dennis Posts: 89
    via Wordpress

I think the whole idea of the iPhone is that it has a touch screen that is easy to use with your fingers (I'm typing this on my phone with my fingers). Once you're used to typing on the touch screen, you can pretty much do it with your peripheral vision, only glancing at the keypad for certain things. The only thing I can imagine the stylus would be good for would probably be clicking on microscopic links on a website while zoomed all the way out. The drawbacks of a stylus are enough to warrant not using one. For instance, typing with a stylus requires you to jump around the keyboard pecking out each letter. This is not only much slower on a standard keypad but also very inaccurate. However, if the iPhone had a keypad that was configurable for a stylus, like those old compaq pocket pc's, there may be a market for the stylus. My verdict: use your fingers. It's what makes the iPhone fun.

• Goran
    Goran Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I think it's a great idea. I will definitely look into getting one of these and seeing how much better or worse it runs!

• jigger
    jigger Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I think U R out of your mind just talkin' about it..... "POGO STYLUS".... what a joke .... even as an idea....

• Bourne
    Bourne Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

Styluses suck. It destroys the whole purpose of the iPhone multitouch interface. Are you gonna carry around ur stylus everytime you go out? And everytime you wanna dial a contact? Useless imo.

And how is this stylus working exactly? Whats different about this one? The iPhone touch screen is sensitive to heat and not pression so how does it work?

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

I am curious as to how it works because you cann't just use anything. It needs the heat from your finger. I might get it to use with the keyboard but I really want it now, for the winter. I've already been frustrated with having to take off my gloves (thin ones too, not big winter gloves yet) to answer the phone.

Anybody know if it really works?

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

ill just use my fingers.....lol its not THAT HARD
    after a while u get use to it.

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

To Jigger the pumpus dimwitt with all the rhetorical questions. I thought I just might answer one or two of them...

Are you gonna carry around ur stylus everytime you go out? What do you think

And everytime you wanna dial a contact? Really the best place to use it.. real creative

And how is this stylus working exactly? Some people have fat fingers some don't. A stylus has a little point.

Whats different about this one? mmm.

The iPhone touch screen is sensitive to heat and not pression so how does it work? WRONG

Static discharge that usually only gets picked up by living tissue so yes, pretty nifty stylus.

• William
    William Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

I tried using the flat end of a battery and it worked, maybe its static electricty then or something, cause the batter would not be running. Also, the electricity comes out of the flat/negative end, so maybe that's why it worked? I used the battery to type this sentence, it was really easy to use, very responsive!

• Aakash Goenka
    Aakash Goenka Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I dont know how many of you people out there are having problems using your iPhone in freezing cold conditions. I dont know whether you people know about this or not, fruit skins work as good as your finger for using the iPhone's touch screen.

I kind of discovered this during breakfast when I accidentally dropped an orange on my iPhone. I saw that the touch screen responded when the orange fell on it.

So, any one out there who feels it inconvenient to take off your gloves each time you need to operate the phone, take your glove, take a tiny bit of any fruit skin( cabbage leaf also works great). Stick whatever you have chosen on the finger tip of the glove.... and Voila! You have an iPhone compatible glove!!

Hope this trick proves to be useful.