Video Guide to Install Native iPhone Applications on firmware v1.1.2

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageVideo Guide to Install Native iPhone Applications on firmware v1.1.2

Folks at Gizmodo have published a video guide to install native applications on the iPhone based on Trunkz's guide in Hackint0sh. So if you are new to the iPhone hacking world and are looking to customize your iPhone by installing native applications then you will find the guide quite useful...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress

If ur using Windows, does anyone know if u still need to download the Mobile component of iTunes 7.4.x?
    As the intructions to do so are in iNdependence so cant see them.

thanks

• Madblaster6
    Madblaster6 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Ok for windows users instead of using idependance use devteam jailbreak. Also after the activation to unlock install aySIM 1.2.1u and put it airplane mode then run anySIM and vola unlocked Iphone.

• Bourne
    Bourne Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

Whats the difference between this and the apps in installer?

• Marketing Consulting
    via Wordpress

Great info, this is going to help me sooo much. Thanks!

• Marketing Consulting
    via Wordpress

Great info, this is going to help me sooo much. Thanks!

• bighead
    bighead Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Everything works great for me

• yan7
    yan7 Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

can anyone tell me if this process can cause any problems to iphone concerning existing applications?like youtube,safari etc

• bighead
    bighead Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i dont know what all of that YouTube jibberish with 1.1.2 was all about, but my YouTube has been working well, i havent heard anything about Safari.

Besides, there isnt much you can mess up, if you do something wrong with this process all you have to do is put your iPhone into recovery mode and restore factory settings( it took me 3 times to get it right).

one thing that helped me out was quitting iTunes after downgrading to 1.1.1 beofre running iNdependence, and quitting iTunes after upgrading to 1.1.2 before running the jailbreak.

• rath
    rath Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I cant figure out where to download the Mobile component of iTunes 7.4.x. Because i have 7.5 already? what do i do.

• yan7
    via Wordpress

strangely when making the emergency call,the 1 called instantly!i tried to switch off the iphone and switch it back on and magic,i was already in the phone's menu!is that normal??

• yan7
    via Wordpress

ok just wanna confirm that the steps in the guide worked just fine and u have to follow each step carefully or u'll have to start the whole process all over again!(happened to me couple of times when i actually updated to 1.1.2,which formated everything back)
    but doing it several times kind of make u a pro and u finally get it quick and easy.
    however i think there is a simpler way of getting this done,without all those steps to get into the menu again as i accessed it easily n could access not even my contacts but youtube,sms etc!and when hitting the home button i was back to the main menu and not the emergency call thing!so then it enables to to create ur contact much more easier!but then if u can access the menu,u don't even have to create a contact etc,u just connect ur wifi and use safari to jailbreakme.com!yes it worked for me!quite strange since no 1 reported this till now...and am using an o2 iphone with 1.1.2,itunes 7.5
    i tested everything,and was nearly perfect!youtube was great,surfing no problem,installed around 10apps without any problem and tried the theme software which was awsome!the accelerator-based games and apps were also fine!
    however i got only a small problem which was supposed to be popping only using pay as u go sims: my visual voicemail was down!couldnt see it.but i think there is a way to solve that anyway.
    conclusion this thing works like a charm n is as easy as hell!after the whole process i just ran restore once more and got back to my original iphone just to test if everything was great and it is!i jailbroke it and unjailbroke it!visual voicemail back and iphone original and stable!
    so it is recommended and if u using windows,i might be having couple of tips!i'll try to investigated how i got to the menu without going through emergency stuff and keep u updated!

• Kate
    Kate Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

this totally does not work.!!! ive done these steps at least 5 or 6 times now and everytime right at the end it says rebooting device and it never stops and itunes says the phone is in recovery mode....what am i doing wrong ...grrrrrr

• yan7
    via Wordpress

@ kate

if ur fone is stuck on the rebooting device screen then u have to do it all over again...

what i understood is that it's stuck after trying to jailbreak it right?if that's correct then u have to quit itunes before doing the jailbreak!(when itunes says that iphone has been updated to 1.1.2 and will reboot etc.just close it and make sure it doesn't open.if it does just close it before it reads ur iphone)

make sure u downloaded the oktoprep file since this is needed to upgrade to 1.1.2 before jailbreaking it.(u should have already done that)

basically keep itunes OUT at all times except when UPGRADING to 1.1.2 or restoring...since itunes can mess the whole process up,specially when it pops by itself(god this one is annoying).ur iphone will be unactivated once upgraded to 1.1.2 and NORMALLY needs itunes to activate it back.that's why u need to prevent itunes from opening as it will read the phone and boom,within a single second,ur iphone is activated and u have to restart the whole process!after restarting,u'll see that the iphone will need activation and if itunes didn't open,u can proceed to the jailbreak part.after that,iphone will boot(sometimes several times) and it should then be activated and jailbroken!then u can use ur itunes just as fine...

it should solve be ok if u pay attention to these points!u nearly there lol..every single one of us went through it.u r doing fine

• Kate
    via Wordpress

@yan7

thank you so much for your advice!! :x
    I will definitly keep iTunes closed...I think that's what's going wrong. iTunes keeps
    going to the screen where it asks if you want to set up a new phone or
    restore from a previous phone.
    I think these steps have to be done quickly...one right after the other.

• Kate
    via Wordpress

When i run the jailbreak for the last time after updateing to 1.1.2, jailbreak sends an alert saying it cant connect to my device and to try restarting but the jailbreak still runs ...when the jailbreak gets to the end it freezes on "rebooting device"...

-kate

• Kate
    via Wordpress

I GOT IT !!! IT WORKED ..FINALLY..THANKS :)

• yan7
    via Wordpress

Sweet!

now make sure that auto-update is off in itunes since the 1.1.3 could be out anytime and itunes will update ur iphone,messing the whole thing up..

• Jon
    Jon Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

YES it works thanks !!

• mike j
    mike j Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

hey when I download the firmware 1.1.1 it downloads as a folder so once I'm in iTunes I dont know what to select for the update. need help!!!!