Apple Job Posting Points To New Location Centric Features Coming To iOS

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Job Posting Points To New Location Centric Features Coming To iOS

A new job posting on Apple's site for the position of "iOS QA Location Engineer" further strengthens claims that Apple is working on greatly improving and expanding location based features on iOS devices.

Presently the in-built location based experience on iOS devices largely revolves around the bundled Maps app, which in turn heavily relies on Google's data.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jet
    Jet Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Why are the articles on this website constantly becoming increasingly biased? I can understand the logic in hoping for improved mapping functionality, but honestly, who cares if Apple are still using Google's imagery? Obviously it isn't APPLE imagery and that doesn't satisfy your fanboy hunger but as far as I can tell Google Maps is currently the best out there so you could do much worse and reliance on the imagery shouldn't affect the ability of the software anyway.BTW, before everyone starts the flaming I'm not anti-apple. I have an iPhone and a Macbook Pro. I just can't stand biased fanyboyism.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Hopefully they should get into Asian market as well with location based services.
  • Vince
    Vince Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    how about something like google latitude??..but more accurate
  • Rounak
    Rounak Posts: 269
    via Wordpress
    There is no doubt about Google maps being the best mapping solution out there, at least amongst free options. But taking a cue from the present Apple-Google relationship, Apple would like to put its acquisitions to use.