iPhone launched in France - Unlocked iPhone for €749; Orange Offering Four Tariffs

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone launched in France - Unlocked iPhone for €749; Orange Offering Four Tariffs

Apple iPhone has been launched in France and is available with four tariffs plans from Orange who is Apple's exclusive carrier partner in France. This is deviating from the strategy followed by Apple's other exclusive carriers partners such as AT&T in US, O2 in UK or T-Mobile in Germany who...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Sam Weiss
    Sam Weiss Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options

Wow!

And I thought US cell companies were tightwads. Those rate plans make the AT&T look like a super good deal (which I don't quite think it is.)

• Sam Weiss
    Sam Weiss Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options

Wow!

And I thought US cell companies were tightwads. Those rate plans make the AT&T look like a super good deal (which I don't quite think it is.)

• Bourne
    Bourne Posts: 60
    via Wordpress
    Options

Wow!

Wanna see even worse? Go check the plans in Canada. We pay $60 for 4mb of data, 4 freakin megabytes. We get raped over here and thats why iPhone wont be released.

• Romeo Arcinas
    Romeo Arcinas Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

I noticed lately that there hasn't been any news or somebody having problems with the latest IPHONE FIRMWARE 1.1.2. I'm just curious to know. I had my IPHONE jailbreak and installed a lot of goodies (thanks to all the hacker community). Would it be safe to upgrade to firmware 1.1.2 now? I love all the goodies but I noticed that every time I run any application there seems to have a hick-up when it runs and have to re-start the application 3 times and it'll work smoothly.

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress
    Options

Bourne, turn off Dim Wallpaper in your Summerboard Prefs and your application problems will go away. Also, although I'm on 1.1.2 I'd say that's it's not worth the move as the only real decent fix over 1.1.1 is the SMS shortcode enablement and that can be added though Installer (SMS Fix at i.unlock.no) to older phones.

• Romeo Arcinas
    Romeo Arcinas Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

Matt, thanks for the tip. It works great! By the way my name is Romeo not Bourne.

• goodeveningsirmynameissteve
    Options

Unlimited when using Orange hotspots... What about all the other free ones? Presumably it still has open wifi capabilities.