Amazon's iPad Killer - The Kindle Tablet To Come With 7-Inch Screen; Priced At $250

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAmazon's iPad Killer - The Kindle Tablet To Come With 7-Inch Screen; Priced At $250

We had earlier heard rumors about Amazon entering the tablet market, and now TechCrunch's MG Siegler says that the device is indeed real and is being tested at Amazon's Seattle HQ. In fact, Seigler even got a hands on with the tablet, unfortunately he wasn't permitted to click pictures. The device is simply called the 'Amazon Kindle', and features a 7-inch capacitive screen.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    iPad Killer, iPhone Killer, iPod Killer...Blah blah blah. Has anything ever even CLOSELY resembled their given nicknames? Jesus.
  • hajime93
    hajime93 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    you're damn right. Consumers and reviewers just need to pick the right one for themselves, shut up and be happy about it, while the industry grows
  • geekinit
    geekinit Posts: 65
    via Wordpress
    iPad killer? lmao. They would have to surpass Apple on so many different levels. iPad is thriving during a recession. A cheaper price just means it'll be cheap rubbish. I've played with a lot of devices and I'm sorry but cheap is cheap. Honestly, the iPad is more of a kindle killer. That's why they're fighting back. They're scared.
  • Iphonecrapz
    Iphonecrapz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Be nice if you gAve us spec, ram, processor, oled or LCD. How the he'll we suppossed to compare when you don't provide basic ass info. Seriously!
  • Dillan
    Dillan Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    It might actually be worth it if it comes with free 3G like the kindle!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    It will only kill the Kindle or so it seems.
  • Gerard
    Gerard Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    I am happy with the iPad, don't see any other viable options at this point. Everyone has the ability to choose whats right for themselves. I am more concerned with the current status of providers over charging us and limiting our access to the Internet.
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    What about apps, its all about the apps? Does it at least run standard android apps? If android, kindles android version or whatever, had as many quality apps as the ipad or iphone, I'd jump ship in a heartbeat. Andoid needs more developers and less fragmentation.Android and Ios basically do the same thing, different astetics, style and so forth. Technically speaking its all one and zeros. Web Os failed not because it was a bad OS (Maybe it was), but because Android and iOS have an already installed consumer base and thousands upon thousands of apps. It's similar to Microsoft, they haven't innovated anything in years, but windows have the largest user base, they only have to be mediocre as long as Apple keeps charging more than double for their hardware, things will remain the same. How this all relates to Kindle android, well if it can't run apps its a total failure in terms of competing with the ipad, but if its trying to be a reader with extra features then maybe' it'll succeed. At the end of the day, like I said at the begining, its all about the apps and developers willing to create quality apps.
  • Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    I'm sorry, I have an iPad iPhone and iPod and neither comes close to my Kindle for reading.I'm sorry, that is the truth, Kindle is the best for book reading.They are NOT an iPad killer as there are certain functions missing and certain hardware not built in.However you can't compare them. Kindle is mainly for books. Now unless your telling me an iPad is mainly for books, it's the exact same concept as you telling me a GBA is better than a PS3.Can't compare two different machines with two completely different purposes. It just isn't possible to do so without bringing personal preference into the game.