Flash Media Server 4.5 Allows Publishers To Stream Flash Content To iPhone And iPad

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageFlash Media Server 4.5 Allows Publishers To Stream Flash Content To iPhone And iPad

Adobe released a new version of its Flash Media Server, which now enables website owners to stream Flash based videos to iOS devices. It isn't the same as Flash running on iOS devices, but a workaround designed by Adobe where the media server does on-the-fly transcoding to deliver an iOS compatible stream.

Read the full story here

Comments

• psp
    psp Posts: 69
    via Wordpress
  • nananananan
    nananananan Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    holy ****$4500 dollars??thats a lot but i know it will be the best for the ios devices.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    That is alot for the server!
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    oki before some 1 grills me(im not a computer techie) but I think flash on any mobile device is rubbish, even some netbooks struggle with flash so far amd fusion c50/e350 have done a good job in the netbook department...So I really cant see why folk are trying to find away to stick flash on ios device why waste money on something that really will still be slow
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    I completely agree! This could turn out to be a really bad move for iOS users since it's a cop out solution for people wanting to deliver video content, rather than give us a native H.264 video stream we need an interpreted version which has to pass through a third party server, that can't be anywhere near as good. People need to engage their brains and realize Flash is not a good things on mobiles. I have a Motorola Zoom, a HP TouchPad and an iPad, and guess which one is the best at playing YouTube content? (or any video for that matter).
  • iOS4
    iOS4 Posts: 60
    via Wordpress
    Seriously, do you guy really know what flash is.. I keep reading about how people keep saying they don't need flash and it just amuses me because without flash the internet will be almost un-viewable. I know some don't do that much on their phones to realize that not having flash is a pain. Now, i for one uses my iPhone 4 less and android more just because of little things like that. Be more informed before trolling your balls for others to swallow.
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    I work for a web development company and 5-10 years ago every website we wrote used Flash. Nowadays nobody wants to touch It, and existing customers all want their web sites rewriting without it. We wrote some very large e-learning platforms which are used by many of the uk schools and universitiebut all using mainly Flash. We are now working on removing all Flash content, and even I admit, H.264 is much better for streaming video than Flash.