Zinio's Mobile Newstand for the iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageZinio's Mobile Newstand for the iPhone

With the hype surrounding Amazon's Kindle in the last few days I guess it is quite timely for Zinio, a digital publisher and distributor for digital magazines and books to announce that they will feature their favorite magazines on iPhone as well as iPod Touch. Zinio has been a publishing...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

The website is kind of cool. I looked to be working fine today. Very nice pages and loads pretty good too.

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

Nice...I checked out the playboy magazine...My iphone crashed just as things were getting hot.

Had to run to the newsstand......

So after you update and have firmware 1.1.2 with installer and apps. How does one do a restore and update again to to freshen up things?..

• anonymouse
    anonymouse Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

> Nice...I checked out the playboy magazine... My
    > iphone crashed just as things were getting hot.

Impossible. "Things" *never* "get hot". They have implemented this special "feature" called "protect-users-against-themselves-using-ridiculously-low-res-images" (cf. the blocky images on some Asian pr0n sites, but *MUCH* worse). Well, since with an iPhone it's more likely you are surfing the Web in public than with a quad-core Mac Pro, maybe the idea is not *that* bad. If only that were the *actual* reason...

The other publications seem to be complete and non-mutilated, though.

PS When reading this page, I got ever more surprised nobody mentioned things like "work-arounds" and all...
    PPS I own no iPhone... (nor an iPod Touch for that matter)

• Stephen
    Stephen Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

the safari from iphone always quits after half way loading any magazine I have selected.