Microsoft Reimagines Windows With Windows 8 To Compete With Apple's iOS

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageMicrosoft Reimagines Windows With Windows 8 To Compete With Apple's iOS

Microsoft gave a sneak peak at Windows 8 - its upcoming next-generation operating system for desktop computers and tablets during its BUILD conference in Los Angeles yesterday. Windows 8 includes a number of features such as "Metro style” user interface inspired by Windows Phone 7, Internet Explorer 10 that will offer support for touch browsing, Xbox Live and lots more.

With Windows 8, Microsoft and its hardware partners hope to compete with hugely successful Apple's iPad running iOS.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    Every one Iv spoken to doesn't like the look of the windows 8, and half there features are a bit late, they haven't really brung anything new to the table....I'll stick with apple and linux
  • WritingForProfits
    WritingForProfits Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    I installed Windows 8 yesterday and played around with it for a few hours. I must say that they've dumbed it down way too much. I didn't like the metro ui at all and the new start button isn't as useful as the traditional start button. It took way too many clicks to accomplish what takes just one click in windows 7.They've taken out a lot of configuration options in favor of an easier to use interface, but for more experienced users it's just too basic.With that said, out of the box it started fully functional with driver support for every device I had. It's fast and works very smoothly for a developer's preview build. Unfortunately, as a dev build it's very buggy and definitely not ready for public beta.I did fully customize it as if I'd use it on a daily basis and managed to get it close to how I use my system. For now, I'm back on my windows 7 partition though. I'll give it a try again once RC is ready.
  • WritingForProfits
    via Wordpress
    After using it for hours, I got the impression that they're trying to be more like osx. The problem is they over did it.
  • Val
    Val Posts: 60
    via Wordpress
    That's probably because of the people that you were asking. There are tons of people that love the new look and feel.I like that you can create apps in HTML5 + javascript for your main OS.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Microsoft have no taste, they have absolutely no taste!
  • YoYo
    YoYo Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Windows 3.1 looks better.
  • JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    The only thing I've hated about Windows, (and I doubt this will change) has been the constant 2-3 times a day updating and restarting, and the LONG start-up times. Other than that, Windows was...decent at best.
  • Rob
    via Wordpress
    Only thing widnows have done well was there xbox consoles, maybe they should stick to gaming....there main problem just like andorid is that theres to many devices running there os with no real support
  • Nabin
    Nabin Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I am not interested in windows8. All sweet things not give the same test which we test first.
  • idroid7-8
    idroid7-8 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    this will be gr8, ONLY if windows softwares are converted to apps and runs natively on winTabs.Just a suggestion - BILL G.. hope u are listening.
  • зло
    зло Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    Big problem with Windows is you dont need jealbrek :) Thats all
  • WritingForProfits
    via Wordpress
    Instead, you get to pay hundreds for an upgrade. OSX Lion was only $29.
  • WindowsRules
    WindowsRules Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    If windows was all that bad, why are sales of Parallels or similar programs that let Macs run windows so successful? Because more peeps (personal and business) still continue to use Windows!! They could've all just switched to Mac OS, but they didn't (whatever the reason is).
  • Rob
    via Wordpress
    In the uk go into a large pc store in the uk tell them you need a computer and I bet they won't show you any macs instead force you to buy a pc and try to get you buy all the extras on top...the adverts as well for Microsoft should be banned they convert some ones house into a store and show you all these pc/laptops.....they do not show you any part of the os to the non computer user the are lead to beleave Microsoft makes the hardware
  • Rounak
    Rounak Posts: 269
    via Wordpress
    Saw the BUILD keynote. Their efforts, especially with Metro, seem pretty impressive. Of course it's too early to form any sort of predictions right now, but this is definitely good competition to iOS' interface.
  • psp
    psp Posts: 69
    via Wordpress
    hope ipad3 hav osx
  • Cunt
    Cunt Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    and OSX lion brings about as much new stuff to the previous build as a FREE service pack brings to Windows. And do not compare the capabilities of Windows device with those of Mac devices.
  • ihatemydog
    ihatemydog Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    installed developer preview on my pc it was pretty neat !!...ready to upgrade to window 8 on my Macbook pro ...lion osx sucks !!!